The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) is a registered charity which provides market-leading qualifications in wines, spirits and sake in 19 languages. Our qualifications are offered via a network of over 700 centres (Approved Programme Providers) in more than 70 countries. WSET Awards is the awarding body division of the Wine & Spirit Education Trust, responsible for the design, content and administration of WSET qualifications.
This is an exciting new role for an experienced spirits professional who will have responsibility for expanding and managing all aspects of the WSET spirits qualification portfolio.
Subject to the instructions of the Head of Qualifications, to assist with the creation, marking, and verification of spirits qualifications for WSET Awards with maximum efficiency in terms of educational and assessment best practice, quality and quantity of output and customer service.
Prior to joining WSET Awards as a full-time member of the Qualifications Team, the Qualifications Manager – Spirits will be seconded to WSET’s Global Education department to work with the Research and Development team on the design of a new trailblazing spirits qualification. This work will include researching and writing study material content and creating educational resources for students and teachers.
Key Result Areas
• Support the development and review of all WSET spirits qualifications
• Process and compile enquiry, feedback and appeal reports for WSET spirits qualifications
• Author and manage the assessment material for WSET spirits qualifications
• Manage the marking and verification of WSET spirits qualifications
• Recruit and train external markers and internal assessors for WSET spirits qualifications
• Spirits specialist looking to maintain or develop skills in the field of spirit education
Skills and Competencies
• Must be able to demonstrate a specialist knowledge of spirits and their production, for example by holding a relevant qualification from Heriot-Watt University or the Institute of Brewing and Distilling (IBD) Diploma
• WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits and/or WSET Diploma Level 4 Diploma in Wines and Spirits highly desirable
• A knowledge of the structure of WSET qualifications highly desirable
• Proven research skills
• Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and simply
• Excellent relationship management skills; experience of managing senior stakeholder engagement
• General IT skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel)
• Access database to intermediate level – including the ability to handle simple queries
• General office skills
• Fluency in foreign languages desirable but not essential
• Motivated and able to work independently
• Well-organised with meticulous attention to detail
• Numerate and able to work with complex datasets
• Excellent team worker with first-rate communication skills
• Sound planner who anticipates issues, prioritises and can work to deadlines
• Honest with the ability to declare and correct errors
• High level of integrity to work with confidential information and manage competing considerations
• Ability to uphold and maintain WSET criteria and standards when working with customers
CLOSING DATE is 30th November 2017.