Our client who is a leading premium wines and spirits business is now looking for a Business Development Manager to manage London and South East.
The successful candidate will report directly into the National Sales Manager in a team of six individuals including National Account Managers.
The candidate shall initially be responsible for Independent On-Trade, supporting National On-Trade listings, Independent Regional Wholesalers and independent retail in London and the SE. The On Trade should be separated into Hotels, Restaurants, Bars and Pubs. They should be targeted for their strategic approach or volume opportunities.
The ideal candidate needs to seek out new opportunities and lever existing relationships into growing category shares on key brands. The candidate should have strong existing relationships already, have their finger on the pulse and be aware of new opportunities /openings before the competition. They should “live and breathe” their regional role. They will be responsible for winning new business and feeding it through various RTMs or directly.
Another key part of the role would be staff training and facilitating customer tasting events to drive brand awareness and educate customer staff with brand knowledge and perfect serve solutions.
The candidate should be self-motivating and enjoy working as part of a team but given the specific territory used to working independently. They should also be prepared to assist and support their fellow team members if and when required for other opportunities.
The candidate should come from a similar role and see this position as a starting point to their career. Role should be customer facing but office based when not visiting customers.
Key Performance Areas would include (but are not limited to):
• Achievement of set volume and gross income targets YOY for your territory.
• You shall be experienced in overlaying brand plans into customer account plans.
• P&L responsible.
• Achieve Operational Results by executing sales processes and the application of the 4A’s (Accessibility, Availability, Affordability and Activation).
• Customer and Relationship driven with an ability to flex your style to meet the various customers’ and team’s needs and demands.
• Demonstrate the company’s behaviour reflecting Company values, corporate governance and team orientation.
• Self-motivated and team player.
• Identifying key brands across the correct channel and customer base.
• Implementing a luxury portfolio strategy and identifying suitable opportunities.
• Being a good fit within the wider team is as critical as being capable of doing the role.
• Flawless implementation of key sales strategies to enable the growth of market share.
• Ensure adherence of company policies, systems and practices.
• Professional communication, behaviour and actions resulting in a high level of credibility, trust and respect amongst all stakeholders.
• Understand and execute the Sales processes.
• Good product knowledge across all segments - Wine, Spirit and Cider.
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
• Flexible and able to operate in a strong mature market.
• Must have the ability to develop customer relationships.
• Must come with industry experience and lever key existing relationships.
• Must be able to identify opportunities for improvement and change.
• Problem solving and solution remedies.
• Flawless execution in presentation and tender proposals.
• Manage and implement sales driver activations.
• The ability to build and maintain strategic business partnerships.
• Must be innovative and self-driven
• Degree qualified. Preferably WSET Level 2 or above
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role