La Hechicera is an award winning super premium Colombian rum that launched in the UK market in November 2012. It is a blend of rums aged between 12 to 21 years and produced by the only privately owned, family rum company in Colombia. Since our launch, we’ve been growing our distribution exponentially and can now include 12 markets in Europe as well as Colombia, USA and Hong Kong. We are looking to hire an International Regional Sales Manager with a business background and experience in brand building in the spirits industry. The main purpose of the job is to lead, develop and control the EMEAA business in order to deliver sustainable growth for La Hechicera Company.
The chosen candidate must be honest, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and possess exceptional social skills and have a strong aptitude for establishing effective business relationships across the sector.
The defined territory in which the Regional Manager will work in the EMEAA includes United Kingdom, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain and Hong Kong.
However, the territory and the individual market priorities may change from time to time, depending on the strategy set out by the Head Office.
- Successfully communicate the international brand strategy to the local partners in the defined territory, and ensure the correct implementation.
- Draw up the annual shipments, depletions and marketing budgets for the assigned territory.
- Communicate the budget process to local partners; guide and support them in the development of country plans and strategies; ensure the successful execution and implementation of the plans.
- Ensure delivery of commercial objectives and continuously track progress vs. objectives.
- Set KPI’s for all relevant programs and measure them within the strategic framework which has been agreed.
- Constantly monitor and assess the competitors, and the competitor’s brands in the defined territory and report back key findings.
- Develop strong relationships with the partners and leverage influencing skills to ensure all partners place a high focus on the La Hechicera business.
- Visit the markets in the defined territory at least three times per year, or more frequently if required.
- Attend and evaluate specific events / promotions of the brand’s products and events at least on a quarterly basis.
- Interpret global and regional strategies, and shape them for local territories to drive sustainable business growth.
- As needed, develop country specific marketing programs and commercial drivers in cooperation with partners, and follow up their implementation.
- Development of relationships and expansion of the business together with existing and newly recruited distributors in designated markets.
- Collect data and perform research on the pricing policy in each market.
- Collect data to review the creative process in all its aspects and to drive the total marketing mix in the defined territory.
- Research potential projects, which yield insights to help the brand grow in the defined territory.
- Communicate the brand’s Marketing Plan in the defined territory to the local partners to follow.
- Lead and/or participate in general projects with a key emphasis on international business.
• 5+ years experience in spirits distribution network and account management
• Proven experience and strong abilities in customer management
• Experience in budget development and implementation
• Successful networker with exceptional social skills
• Understanding and interest in South American culture
• Strong organisational skills and strategic decision making experience
• Good communication skills preferably fluent in Spanish