Justerini and Brooks is a London Wine Merchant, founded in 1749 and one of the world's most recognised names in fine wine. The business is divided into wholesale wine businesses in London (St James' Street) and Edinburgh (Alva St), and a Private Clients and Purchasing office also based in St James' St, London.
The J&B strategy is to provide a quality wine service to a high-spending consumer, either directly through private client and broking activities or indirectly through Hotels, Bars, Restaurants and Prestige Retailers.
Justerini & Brooks is a wholly owned subsidiary of Diageo Wines Europe (DWE).
Dimensions of the role
* This role will be directly responsible and accountable for an Annual Operating Plan (AOP) that is specific to a group of allocated accounts.
* Management of key drivers of AOP profitability down to a Sales Contribution level, Volume, NSV (Pricing including discounts), Distribution costs and A&P spend.
* Ledger Management (credit/risk/debt) through allocated accounts.
Market Complexity: J&B is a fine wine merchant with a Royal Warrant operating on a largely standalone basis:
* Trade business is based on premium HoReCa, prestige retail and high quality RTM customers in the UK, predominantly in London and Edinburgh.
* Private client business is in the UK and overseas, notably Asia.
* Justerini & Brooks has an extensive range of fine wine exclusivities.
* The business operates on its own ERP systems platform and its distribution service is outsourced to Culina Logistics.
* Justerini & Brooks is a high service and buying focused business with high margins, low volumes and high levels of working capital.
* This role will be responsible for new business development within the quality HORECA sector and will be field based, focusing on greater London.
* Operate as a business manager with a high degree of independence, accountability and an entrepreneurial spirit
* Committed to providing the best possible customer service for account base through professionalism, wine knowledge and living the J&B set of values
* Positive energy, commitment and courage to approach and open new business that is of scale and aligned to the Justerini & Brooks Strategy.
* The ability to manage resources to meet new opportunities, including but not limited to sourcing different wines and organising supply.
Purpose of Role
To build an account base that is aligned to the company Strategy for wine led, mid to premium on-trade businesses. This account base will support and be aligned to J&B growth strategy over the next 3 years. Initially this position will be a solely new business focussed role but will increasingly require a high level of account management as the portfolio of customers grows.
Territory will initially be, but not limited to, the 'villages' of London and in and around the M25 corridor. Typical target customers would be Hotels, Restaurants, Brasseries and small to medium sized restaurant and hotel groups.
* Investigate, select and approach new business opportunities within the parameters of the Justerini & Brooks strategy and convert into long-term customers.
* Manage and grow business relationships with customers to the highest customer service standards.
* Execute strategies for growing account base to deliver Annual Operating Plan (including Champagne commitments), supported by strong commercial insight.
* Network effectively amongst operators (buying and non-buying functions) and represent the interests of the Justerini & Brooks business at the highest levels.
* Thorough and consistent ledger management (Debt/risk/credit control)
Qualifications and experience required
* University Degree or equivalent
* Wine qualifications (WSET Diploma level preferred)
* 2 to 3 years' experience in selling wine (on-trade preferred)
* Proven experience in contractual negotiation
* Outstanding track record in sales and meeting growth targets
* Knowledge of the fine wine market and an existing network within HoReCa sector.
Field based with visits to St James Street office, London as required