About the role
As the Manager Area Field Sales Country, you will be accountable for creating value through driving sales and developing strong relationship with key customers in your dedicated area. You will create the legacy of Bacardi and drive the company’s presence and growth in the Country. Your deep Commercial knowledge, ability to develop strategic relationships and lead a Sales team will be key to your success in this role.
• You will be responsible to deliver key revenue and Commercial targets for your area as determined by the Country financial plan.
• You are an important face of Bacardi towards Customers in your dedicated area. You will act as the lead contact for these customers and are responsible for maintaining effective relationships with them.
• You will be responsible for the delivery of customer and shopper programs in your territory as agreed in the Country Integrated Activity Plan (IAP)
• You will deliver Bacardi Commercial Way assets (e.g. Picture of Success) and approach with excellence to activate our brands to influence consumers at the point of purchase.
• You will coordinate directly with the Senior Manager Field Sales Country to drive implementation of Commercial best practices.
• You will be accountable for optimizing the return on Investment across your territory
This role is varied and while based in the TBD location, a large percentage of your time will be interacting with the local sales team, as well as key Customers. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively within your area in order to stay connected to all stakeholders.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Deliver results and excellence in execution
• Deliver on key financial targets (NSV, Gross Margin, Overheads, Profitability, ROI, Value Share)
• Deliver on Pictures of Success(PoS) targets for your area in partnership with cutomers / distributor to deliver excellence in execution.
• Develop and manage the sales plan for your area based on delivery of Commercial priorities and the Country Integrated Activity Plan (IAP)
• Manage territory / channel / account performance on a monthly/quarterly basis, working with customers / distributor to ensure delivery of forecast and budget (volume / value / execution) in line with Bacardi Scorecard
• Deliver impact from customer and purchaser programs agreed in the Country IAP, managing resources and capacity against KPIs and territory targets
• Build and maintain effective long-term relationships with customers, and key stakeholderrs / distributor
• Build and help implement joint BUSA-distributor business plan for market with clear tactics and goals (US specific)
• Provide input to the Country or Hub Commercial leadership team on key channel, customer and competitive activity
• Differentiate service levels by outlet, maximizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the field sales team (adapt for US)
• Communicate effectively with customers to seek inputs for product and service improvement and resolve issues
• Manage price plans, discount plans and budgets
NOTE: In US market, BUSA can not play a direct sales role – requires deletion / adjustment to:
o Differentiate service levels by outlet
Develop talent and capability
• Implement learning and development plans for your team based on Commercial Excellence approach
• Train and coach your team
• Implement standardized Commercial best practices
• Ensure that your team has resources needed to deliver desired results
• Input into decisions related to key people in your team
• Connect resources and capabilities (e.g. Revenue Growth Management (RGM), Point of Sale (POS), research, selling support materials) to support local business objectives
Create a winning team
• Work with the Field Sales Manager to build a shared sense of purpose among your sales teams
• Align all employees behind the targets and create a passion for winning in the organization
• Recognize accomplishments and behaviors in a timely manner
• Ensure all employees have a knowledge of Bacardi history and culture
Measures of success
• Performance: Achieve financial targets(revenue, profitability) vs. budget; Achieve Pictures of Success targets
• Value share: Drive value share growth of key Bacardi brands in Key Accounts
• Commercial scorecard: Achieve goals defined in Commercial Scorecard and Country Capability Action Plan
• Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
• Employee engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement
• Talent: Deliver against talent management objectives
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
• Experience in field sales in a leading FMCG company
• Peope leadsership experience including proven coaching abilities and the ability to create and maintain a collaborative high performing team
• Strong customer focus
• Demonstrable track record of performance and delivery of results
• Strong negation skills
• Proficiency in English language skills
• Fluency in country’s most spoken languages
The following experiences are preferred:
• Experience in the Spirits and/or Beverage Industry is a distinct advantage
• Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above
Please review the Commercial Excellence Model for specific information on the functional experiences required for this role.
Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future. We have a clearly defined Leadership Excellence framework, and you will be expected, as a Bacardi team leader, to develop deepening experience and inspire your team in all 6 elements: Focus Externally to Win / Drive Execution & Results / Lead Strategically & Know your Business / Make the Matrix Work / Lead by Example and Develop and Inspire Talent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We’re caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We’re passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we’re most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit – both in our home markets and across the world.