Laithwaite's, part of the Direct Wines Group, is the UK's No.1 home delivery wine merchant. We have a choice of more than 1500 wines, spirits and gifts and also run more than 45 stores across the UK, providing expert advice to customers on all types of wine for the right occasions.
As part of our growth plans for the Retail business, the Alderley Edge Store is a new one and represents a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to really make an impact and shape the Shop’s success. The successful candidate will have a platform with high visibility within the organisation and significant autonomy to develop your role and market successful events.
We are currently looking for a new Retail Event Manager to give exceptional levels of customer service by providing advice and assistance on selecting wine in a pleasant and efficient manner. You will maintain the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance whilst representing the business.
A significant portion of your responsibilities will be to manage and deliver inspirational and interactive wine events with exceptional customer service. You will take responsibility for managing the logistics, marketing and administration of a series of events, whilst assisting other team members in the day to day running of the store.
• To be present at events to setup, greet customers and producers. To ensure smooth running of all aspects of the
event. To be the face of the company at events.
• Be responsible for marketing events to specific target audiences to achieve ticket and product sales targets. This
will involve preparing e-mail marketing, data requests, writing web copy, interacting with social media and use of
all available marketing channels. Sourcing and evaluation of new marketing outlets will also be required to
maximise ticket sales.
• To follow event budgets, ensuring ticket sales targets are met, costs are kept within agreed limits and wine sales
are achieved. Timely production of post event budget reports.
• To handle customer enquiries for all events, ensuring the Store Manager is aware of any issues / problems as they
• To collate feedback received at events ready to inform future strategy and implementation.
• Create customer tasting booklets and other printed materials needed for events. Also to copy check brochures,
order forms, e-mails etc. prior to being printed and sent out, for all team members.
• To help out on the shop floor in the event of it being required.
• To carry out any other tasks as are reasonably requested by the Store Manager and which are within his/her
capabilities and resources.
• General administration duties to include verbal and written communication via e-mails, mail and over the phone.
• Evidence of successful working experience in a comparable events environment. Highly organised with supreme
event management skills.
• Experience of working on and completing more than one event project at once.
• Computer literate with good Microsoft Office skills particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Previous knowledge of marketing channels and routes to market for selling event tickets.
• Good social media skills including: operation of Facebook and Twitter.
• Wine knowledge is essential. WSET Advanced level is preferred.
• Works well in a team, and as an individual.
• Organised and efficient with excellent attention to detail and numeric skills.
• Enthusiasm, energy and dedication needed to support event managers to deliver successful and special events.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise workload coupled with good time management skills.
• Proactive with a flexible proactive attitude, self-motivated and able to cope with a demanding workload.
• Provide clear thinking to streamline an effective pre event customer journey.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com