Full-Time Visitor Assistant｜The Scotch Whisky Experience
Location: City Centre, Edinburgh
Wage: £8.00 p/h
Hours: 36.25 hours per week (5 days out of 7)
Located beside Edinburgh Castle at the top of the historic Royal Mile, the award-winning Scotch Whisky Experience is one of Scotland’s most prestigious visitor attractions. We have been inspiring visitors about the joys of Scotch whisky for over 25 years, and are dedicated to providing the highest levels of 5-star service to all customers.
We are currently seeking a pro-active and enthusiastic Full-Time Visitor Assistant to join our vibrant team. If you are passionate about meeting new people and delivering excellent customer service then we would like to meet you.
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your knowledge in various areas as the Full-Time Visitor Assistant position is highly varied. The role will involve:
- Welcoming customers to The Scotch Whisky Experience
- Selling tour tickets at our box office and assisting with group bookings
- Recommending products and serving customers in our specialist whisky shop
- Assisting customers at our well-stocked Scotch whisky bar
- Conducting guided Silver and Gold Tours for groups of up to 25 people
- Promoting Scotch whisky, as well as Edinburgh and Scotland as a whole
We pride ourselves on providing a high-level of training to all employees, so if you prove yourself to be a flexible team member you may be able to take on further duties as you progress:
- Making and serving Scotch whisky cocktails at our cocktail bar
- Hosting our luxury Platinum and Taste of Scotland Tours
- Tutoring customers on our in-depth Morning Masterclass Tours
You will be working with international visitors in all areas, so naturally applicants should be outgoing and have excellent communication skills. You should also possess:
- An innate desire to please
- An ability to remain calm and collected during very busy periods
- An ability to work well in a team
- A willingness to learn- Scotch whisky knowledge is not a prerequisite as full training is given to all our employees, although a keen interest and willingness to learn about the subject is a necessity
A flexible attitude- we are open every day of the year with the exception of Christmas day
Knowledge of a foreign language and prior experience in the tourism or Scotch whisky industry is not necessary, but would be an advantage.
If you think you have the necessary skills, then please email your CV and a cover letter - explaining why you would like to join our team - to Alison Shearer, Visitor Experience Support and Recruitment Coordinator at The Scotch Whisky Experience. Please be sure to include the subject line ‘Full Time Visitor Assistant’, and let us know where you saw the job advertised.