About the role:
Are you looking for a role that will accelerate your career with the largest privately held family owned spirits company in the world? Then look no further.
We are the UK’s second largest spirits company and the No.1 within Premium Spirits, with a portfolio of iconic brands such as the range of Bacardi Rums, Grey Goose Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Jack Daniels, Martini, Woodford Reserve, Patron, Dewars and more!
As our new Field Sales Manager for the London North & Central surrounding areas, you will take a leadership role within the UK On Trade Regional Sales team. You’ll develop and coach a high performing team of ten Account Managers who operate across a territory of key independent On Trade customers.
Both you and your team will be working with some of best bars and nightclubs in the UK, developing their business, selling and activating our brands and helping to deliver fantastic consumer experiences. Partnering with our key route to market wholesale customers and the BBFB internal account teams will be key to driving strategic relationships in the field and develop both companies’ businesses.
Your role is to drive market share for Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands through best in class execution, new business delivery and contract retention. Critically this role is about strategically building and strengthening partnerships and relationships in the trade which is an incredibly competitive and challenging environment.
You’ll be encouraged to operate with freedom, flair and creativity leading the strategy for your regional business and continuous development of the talent and capability within your team.
• Leading and coaching a regional sales team (7 Direct Reports)
• Delivery of budgeted £NSV and £GP targets with the defined sales region
• Delivery of outlet execution objectives
• Deliver BBFB brand value and volume independent free trade market share objectives within the region
• Deliver brand distribution objectives across BBFB portfolio
• Lead and develop the regional business plan
• Ultimate responsibility for “Winning In Key City” strategy and success within defined key cities
• Ensure marketing activities are synchronized and properly activated by teams & customers
• Ensure accuracy and maintenance of key business processes
• Ensure creation and maintenance of Joint Business Plans with key customers in order to ensure that key targets are achieved
• Ensure New Product Development targets are delivered on time and with high quality execution standards
• Share and steal best practices across channels and customers
• Ensure that all sales processes and tools are followed and compliant to standard
• Development and maintenance of a live people plan including talent management, succession planning and performance improvement where necessary
Desired Skills and Experience
You will be a highly competitive sales leader with a burning desire to win in the marketplace, and have the ability to build that culture within your team. A strong proven track record of new business contract delivery and the understanding and experience of managing new business pipelines to successful conclusion will be high advantageous.
You will be used to working in a fast-paced environment and balancing priorities to deliver against defined targets. You will be an experienced negotiator who demonstrates the creativity required to find winning solutions. Being a team player is essential and having the necessary leadership skills to manage internal / external stakeholders.
Embracing and truly understanding the commercial aspects of this role, being highly organized, strong multi-tasker and a very strong communicator.
A comprehensive 1 month of training and induction programme will prepare you to fulfil the role confidently as well as understand the Bacardi Brown-Forman ways of working.
Throughout the year there will be further training and development on category knowledge and sales leadership skills to fully equip you to become an expert on everything there is to know about the spirits category and Bacardi Brown-Forman products.
There will be lots of time learning on the job and working with the On Trade team to understand the role, our processes and most importantly our customers. You will also get plenty of one on one time with your line manager to ensure you are equipped with the tools you will need to succeed in the role.
For this role, you will receive the following: A competitive base salary, bonus rewards and competitive local market benefits. A car allowance is also provided. You will also receive 24 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, a generous product allowance per annum to be spent on our brands, an iPad, phone, healthcare and pension.
Your Career with Bacardi Brown Forman:
This role is just the beginning of where you could take your career with us. We cherish our internal talent, which is why we will first post available roles on our intranet for internal candidates to apply before proceeding to recruit externally.
Opportunities for progression and development are ongoing and we place a strong emphasis on growing and nurturing our talent within. We pride ourselves on providing an environment where the best can be successful.
Join us for the next chapter in your career!