We have an opportunity for a Quality Manager to join our team at our Accolade Park site in Bristol which employs over 500 people. Our Bristol site houses the largest bottling plant in the Northern Hemisphere bottling up to 1 million bottles of wine per day. We are investing £3 million into our Bristol site and have some exciting and innovative projects underway.
Drawing on a proud heritage with one of the first wineries established in Australia. Accolade Wines has evolved into a global wine company with some of the world’s best-known brands sold in over 100 countries, including Australia, the UK, Mainland Europe, the US, South America, Canada, South Africa, Japan and China.
Accolade Wines is the number one wine company by volume in the UK and Australia, with a portfolio of brands ranging from the historic Hardys through to Kumala, the number one South African wine brand in the UK.
About the role
You will be required to provide a pro-active technical service to full regulatory, industry and customer requirements across all of our bulk wine procurement, filling and distribution activities. You’ll be required to be the primary contact with external regulatory agencies, trade associations and technical colleagues to maintain up to date knowledge. Your emphasis will be ensuring compliance to all relevant legislation, code of practice and international standards. You will continuously challenge, innovate and improve the department’s performance through the development of a lean culture.
We are an innovative organisation and our philosophy and vision for excellence in manufacturing is built on a LEAN foundation that is customised specifically for Accolade Wines. You’ll work alongside highly skilled and disciplined colleagues. This role is responsible for a team of 17 people with 3 direct reports.
This is a varied role and you’re responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the compliance of all products sold to all regulatory requirements relating to safety, origin, composition, quality, packaging and presentation
• Ensuring UK packaging site compliance to recognised industry and customer food safety, quality and environmental standards (BRC, ISO 9000 & ISO 4001)
• Pursuing regular benchmarking against comparable UK and worldwide operations
• Making sure that all global risk reports and policies are relevant and functional
• Co-ordinating ongoing participative training programmes for site colleagues to promote best practice
• Enforcing product and operational standards for suppliers, transporters of bulk packaged wine and suppliers of packing materials using a combination of our code of practice, supplier self-assessments in addition to other initiatives
• Co-ordinating an ongoing programme of audits of key suppliers of bulk and packaged wine and packing materials
• Providing a world class wine handling department with an emphasis on quality
• Providing a responsive and efficient laboratory service covering organoleptic, chemical, microbiological and packaging standards
• Developing the wider team to champion and continuously improve the quality from bulk wine / dry goods receipt through to dispatch
You will have the technical ability to fully understand the philosophy of all control systems within manufacturing and utilise this knowledge. You will have a background in a quality role in the food / beverage sector either in manufacturing / packaging / technical or production role with FMCG experience.
You’ll enjoy working in a team in a busy environment and have excellent safety awareness. You’ll have a good understanding of Lean processes and will not be afraid to challenge and look for a better way of doing things
You will need the right to work in the UK
Sound like your kind of drop?
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a fantastic range of benefits including a car allowance, wine allowance, company pension scheme, retail discounts and an on-site staff wine shop. We also have a subsidised canteen that provides breakfast and lunch and an onsite gym.
Our Accolade Park site is in Avonmouth Bristol and is a short drive from the M4 / M5 with free onsite parking. In addition there is a bus service from Bristol City Centre and Avonmouth Train station is local.
The closing date for this vacancy is 3rd October 2017. Please be aware, if we receive a good response we may close the vacancy earlier.