Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* The Consumer Planning Manager, Beer will bring sharp insight and forward thinking to the development of marketing and innovation activity which is based on consumer, shopper, category and cultural understanding, in service of achieving the in year and following year's performance ambitions.
* Proactively defines and communicates opportunities for growth for the Beer brands in remit to enable the creation and/ or execution of outstanding growth drivers by unleashing deep consumer and shopper insight, in combination with applying learnings from measurement and evaluation
* Ensures brand strategies are translated to clear opportunities to win at the point of purchase, based on sound shopper and on trade insight.
* Create a sustainable and vibrant consumer and shopper culture across the Beer team by continually bringing to life the Beer consumer/ shopper -motivations, on and off trade environment and cultural context.
* Provide strategic leadership, insight/key learning throughout the annual planning process. This ranges from measuring and evaluating previous years' activities, to providing consumer and shopper insight and inspiration, to facilitating workshops, to leading the category/brand/ customer marketing team with an objective opinion on the key issues to be addressed and the way forward
* Own all stages of primary and secondary research, from methodology selection to vendor management to maintaining high standards of reporting to ensure learning is presented in an actionable, inspiring way. Make judgment on which information to use and the level of confidence people should have in using it. Importantly, ensure all research is compliant with our Responsible Research Policy.
Qualifications and experience required
* 6-8 years relevant experience.
* Proven track record in research/planning roles with a significant focus on brand and shopper planning
* Insatiable curiosity for understanding consumers and shoppers, coupled with commercial know how. Ability to translate the consumer/ shopper understanding to opportunities for commercial growth
* An individual who has the ability to influence across senior levels in the Category and Brand Communities
* Resilience combined with emotional intelligence to build collaborative and powerful relationships
* Knowledge or experience of the alcohol world is advantageous, but not imperative