Direct Wines are currently looking to recruit a FP&A Senior Analyst (Buying and Merchandising) to join our team in Theale; the role is offered as a permanent full time position.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience of finance business partnering within an FMCG / Retail / Direct Marketing business; be commercially aware and be a qualified accountant. You will also be able to demonstrate proven experience in budgeting and forecasting at a senior level.
Business Partner the Buying, Merchandising, providing financial planning, analysis and insight for both internal finance requests and to the wider business
• Own financial reporting and forecasting for trading margin reflecting changes in sales behaviour and buying constraints
• Business Partner to the Merchandising team and Buying team
• Focus on sales made, providing insight and analysis by products, regions and other relevant metrics – including sales, margin and KPIs (volume, response, average order value etc)
• Develop, own and present a reporting suite to enhance business knowledge in trading profitability
• Be responsible for the forecast/budget processes throughout the year
• Own the ongoing forecasting by working closely with the business, providing key insight analysis affecting future projections.
• Understand and report the impact of marketing campaigns on actual sales made, working closely with the Marketing Finance Manager.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis when required to support the wider Finance team
• Provide pricing and business case analysis supported by cost price reporting / inflation, and FX impacts
Desired Experience /Skills / Qualifications:
• Qualified accountant with a strong academic record
• Experience of finance business partnering within FMCG / Retail /Direct Marketing business
• Highly advanced excel modelling skills
• Proven experience budgeting and forecasting at a senior level
• Business Objects experience
• Commercially intuitive with strong business partnering and communication skills
• Ability to provide insight and challenge to all levels of the business
• Highly numerate with strong analytical capability