Are you currently managing a venue in the Manchester area? Confident and passionate working with leading brands, perhaps in the drinks trade? An established venue and events manager with a strong understanding of promotion, marketing, organising and managing a dynamic cutting edge venue?
Great, we may have the perfect role for you!
Our client is an international brand owner in the premium drinks market and is creating a unique venue experience in Manchester to drive success in the On Trade sector across the UK. By providing an incredible venue space for both internal and 3rd party events, promotions and training, our client is building on its impressive reputation for cutting edge experiential marketing and consumer engagement.
To lead this exciting new venture we require an experienced General Manager to influence the fit out of the venue, manage the day-today running of the venue, take charge of financial budgets together with devising the longer term strategy for future success.
• Create, Plan and implement initial fit out of the Hub space
• Manage budgets for fit out, on-going costs and activations
• Devise, manage and implement all activity taking place in the space
• Manage third party suppliers, staff and day to day operational management
• Write and devise 18 – 24 month activity plan
• Co-ordinate with Head Office Teams to ensure smooth running of brand experiences in line with objectives (amplification, content generation, ticket sales, bar revenue etc.)
• Co-ordinate with local (north of England) commercial teams to plan and implement monthly training sessions
• Co-ordinate with local (North of England) commercial teams to ensure they are utilising the space for meetings, tastings dinners etc.
• Seek out and produce ad hoc opportunities to showcase the space to and the experiences which are installed.
• Become an “influencer” within the Manchester scenes (on-trade, nightlife, foodie etc.)
• Manage local PR agency (or freelancer) to amplify space and experience. Generate own content
• Oversee relationships with landlord and managing agent of the premises.
• Oversee and manage facilities contractors
• Be conversant in all health and safety considerations in running a venue.
This role would suit a versatile and passionate individual who is comfortable running a busy schedule, a diverse range of events/training programs, a wide range of responsibilities and occasional late hours.
Applicants are welcome from any leisure/hospitality industry, but those with a knowledge of the On Trade sector and direct exposure to running bars, clubs, restaurants or other On Trade venues may have an advantage.