Reports to: Sales Manager
Responsible for: Account Management of a portfolio of Regional Key Accounts Groups (Maximum 20 outlet groups) within a given geographical area. Management of a Free Trade accounts in postcode territory - with outlet focus based on the business brand segmentation model.
Internal key relationships: On Trade National Account Controller, Brand Managers, Supply Chain, Brand Development Managers, Finance Team.
Drive brand distribution and volume by implementing commercial and activation programmes in key outlets within London.
Key Responsibilities & Critical Success Measures
• Working with minimum supervision, manage a core number of accounts within a territory to deliver the On Trade brand building plan and activation programme. Examples of activation, Perfect Serve, Sampling, Tailored Competitions, Menu Presence, permanent unique brand visibility.
• Achieve preferred partner status with key outlets by developing tailored solutions to meet consumer needs and establishing expert status through advice on the Spirits Category, proposing range by segmentation.
• Deliver brand training modules to educate bar professionals and utilise Brand Managers and or Sales Managers to supplement this as appropriate.
• Record relevant outlet information via technology provided. In all outlets to record outlet information, activation and deliver appropriate presentations.
• Manage budgets to deliver KPI targets eg Pouring Accounts, Menu Presence, Listings, Activation, Incentives
• Identifying opportunities via market intelligence and networking with customers to identify that enable the targeting of the right consumers.
• Effectively plan and manage the working day to ensure coverage is achieved at key trading times of customers. This will involve evening work and a requirement to live within reasonable travelling distance of the core area.
• Ensure, that customers are equipped to serve and promote the Brand to consumers and enable them to become champions/ambassadors for our brands.
• Planning & Organising
Demonstrates an ability to plan, organise and execute activities using own initiative.
Expresses self in a clear, succinct and compelling manner in both individual and group situations.
• Customer/Consumer Commitment
Knowing, understanding and delivering a high level of quality service to both internal and external customers.
• Business Awareness
Has a comprehensive understanding of own business area and its impact on the wider organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Broad knowledge of UK on trade and strong commercial experience ideally with a Spirits background.
• Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of brand building with the ability to balance commercial delivery.
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels.
• Experience of activating brands in the On Trade is essential.
• Financial acumen.
• Strong understanding of balance between commercial delivery and brand building agenda.
• Strong IT skills and able to use data to interpret insights
• Strong presentation skills and experience at delivering training / presentations.
• Previous experience in sales or marketing is desirable.
• Experience working in a premium venue as a bar tender is desirable.
• Ideally educated to degree level.
• Ideally WSET qualification.
• Ability to demonstrate professionalism, credibility, trust and respect both internally and externally.
• Creative with an entrepreneurial spirit and passion to build and develop the on trade business.
• Strong relationship management skills
• Ability to influence at a variety of levels.
• Adaptable and resilient.
• Works to add value.