We have some exciting times ahead as we look to grow our on premise presence, which means we are looking to hear from commercially confident and self-motivated Business Development Managers to secure national on premise accounts. The role is offered for an initial 12 month period but with an opportunity to extend, depending on outcomes. The role is home based with regular travel to clients and our regional office in Twickenham. You will have a proven track record of developing relationships and leading and securing trading agreements with a number of key National/Regional Retail & route to market businesses such as M&B, Greene King, and JDW.
You will instantly recognise our brands including Penfolds, Wolf Blass, Lindemans and our newest brand, Blossom Hill. At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we are uniquely positioned as a global leader in wine, with an enviable corporate culture, a passion for our products and desire to succeed.
Some of your key responsibilities as the Business Development Manager, National On Premise will include:
• Developing and executing business development plans within the On Premise channel plans (prioritising specific target National & Regional retail customers)
• Leading key customer tenders requiring close customer and internal team collaboration on tenders and brand presentations
• Planning, executing and monitoring of sales and after-sales activities
• Independently – or in collaboration with the Senior Business Manager – manage operational and/or commercial contact with customer base
• Managing and processing all of the back office activities in regards to commercial agreements and/or pricing amendments, as well managing promotional invoices direct or 3rd party.
• Maintaining active relationship with relevant departments in TWE to ensure alignment on forecast, stock, brand activations and be the first point of contact for escalations relating to customer orders and payments.
• Assisting with execution and delivery of marketing activities and/or trade events and tastings
To be our Business Development Manager, National On Premise you will have:
• Degree or diploma in Business, Economics or similar discipline
• WSET or similar wine education is desirable
• Previous sales management experience in On Premise, with a proven sales track record in Business development and winning tenders with national retailers is essential
• On Premise Retail & RTM sales experience, customer & portfolio management
• Knowledge of market is essential
• Computer Literacy – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & email
• Numerate with strong financial skills
• Strong Presentation skills
• Proven commercial & analytical skills
This is an excellent time to join Treasury Wine Estates, offering a competitive salary and great benefits such as car allowance, sales incentive, private family medical, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, travel insurance, childcare vouchers, wine allowance, learning and development and much more. We aim to be the world’s most celebrated wine company and we invite you to apply online today to join us on our journey.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
Treasury Wine Estates recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.