There are a lot of great reasons to love working at Laithwaite’s not least that we’re the most successful wine merchant on the planet. A family run business for over 50 years we sell more wine, to more people, than anyone else.
Our secret? We realised that not only did we need to get out there, meet the winemakers and discover the world’s best wines for ourselves, we had to take the customer on the journey with us.
We do that with great communication, un-stuffy writing and tastings for the customer to meet the winemakers themselves. You too, could be part of that journey.
We are currently looking to recruit a Retail Wine Advisor to work in our Alderley Edge location. The role is offered on a permanent full time basis, working 40 hours per week on a rota basis and will cover evenings and weekend workings.
The successful candidate will be demonstrate previous retail experience and excellent customer service and have a flexible and positive attitude. While possessing some wine knowledge would be advantageous it is not essential.
• To give exceptional levels of customer service by providing advice and assistance on selecting wine in a pleasant and efficient manner. To maximise sales revenue in person and on the telephone through
• Up-selling, adding on and using targeted, personal recommendations.
• To maintain the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance whilst representing Laithwaite’s.
• Maximise sales revenue through up selling, tele-sales, wine plan and events.
• To contribute to the daily and weekly store communication process.
• Contribute to the shop achieving its sales targets.
• Exceed customer expectations through ascertaining their needs using; open questions, using their purchase history, building relationships, offering tastings from the table and actively listening.
• Achieve a good level of wine knowledge to assist the customer and build towards taking the WSET Level 3 certificate.
• Maintain efficient and effective working practices within the showroom (including presentation standards) – ensuring you have a good working knowledge of the Best Practice Manual and the Shop Seller training manual.
• Work as part of a team to create a positive and motivated atmosphere.
• The showroom is a busy retail environment and you will generally be required to be on your feet for the majority of the day. There will be a constant interaction with both customers and colleagues. There is a team atmosphere where everybody should ‘pitch in’.
• Receiving deliveries, storing stock and replenishing stock.
Desired/Required skills or experience:
• Retail Experience (essential)
• Educated to GCSE Level or above (essential)
• Wine Knowledge (desired) but a keen interest to learn all things wine essential.
• Excellent Communicative with Influencing Skills
• Customer Focused
• Passion for and willingness to learn about wine
• Self starter with an ability to attain targets and overcome all realistic objective
• Provides excellent customer service and takes responsibility for own actions
• Constantly strives for high standards and consistently achieves them.