As the Senior Brand Ambassador of Monkey 47 you will educate consumers and trade to maximise trial, love, purchase and advocacy of Monkey 47 in line with the agreed brand strategy. You will also have line management responsibility for two CBL (Chivas Brothers Limited) graduate brand ambassadors with responsibility for Beefeater London Dry Gin, and Plymouth Gin.
Prestige and Premium style bars, restaurants and hotels will be the key accounts for this role. These outlets are shop windows in the development of our brands and competition for share of voice within these outlets is extremely high. Each outlet demands a high level of servicing including product support and training of the highest level.
The brand ambassador role is fundamental in educating bar teams so that they are fully aware of the benefits of our brand which can then be translated into increased visibility and ultimately sales. It is the role of the brand ambassador to build relationships in these outlets and to ensure that we are making the most of all opportunities with both trade and consumers within the prestige environment.
The Monkey 47 Brand Ambassador will report to the Brand Engagement and Advocacy Manager responsible for this team and will primarily support the development of Monkey 47 within premium and prestige London accounts although some time will be spent within accounts in the rest of the UK.
The role is highly product focused and as such the Monkey 47 Brand Ambassador will be expected to conduct informative and entertaining product educational /tasting sessions at the highest level.
In addition to the primary role outlined above the ambassador will also have responsibility for:
Hosting International guests of Monkey 47 in Germany
Attending/hosting and presenting at consumer focused events as directed by the brand teamThe role is highly proactive with the ambassador expected to continually identify commercial opportunities, and highly interactive, constantly interacting with the Monkey 47 brand and commercial teams as well as customers at the highest level.
The role is highly proactive with the ambassador expected to continually identify commercial opportunities, and highly interactive, constantly interacting with the Monkey 47 brand and commercial teams as well as customers at the highest level.
KPI (Key performance Indicators) for this role will include (but not be limited to)
• Delivery of training / category education / drinks development sessions.
• Delivery of drinks strategy for the BEAT ‘Volume’ Newspaper
• Building relationships with PRUK sales team – and spending time in trade together
• Social media – being the face and voice of the brand on Instagram, Facebook.
• Effective role management – control of expenses, time in trade, calendar management etc.
The Brand Ambassador interacts on a regular basis:-
• Internally once a week with the Gin Marketing Team to update on activity and progress made in achieving the Gin portfolio brand strategy
• Internally with all PR UK functions especially commercial, and new employees to educate them about the brand
• Externally with consumers and customers to educate them about the brand to create genuine advocacy so that they:
1. Love Monkey 47
2. Buy and consume Monkey 47
3. Recommend Monkey 47
• CBL graduate programme manager to manage relationship.
• Commercial teams to design cocktails and drinks strategies to maximise rate of sale of our brands.
Qualifications and experience.
In depth knowledge of the on trade environment
Expert mixology skills
Expert knowledge of spirits category and manufacturing process
Good knowledge of UK On Trade Market
Previous training / presenting experience to large groups of people
Experience in the industry with exposure to the UK On Trade Market
Spirits Brand Ambassador experience