With the disruptive launch of Smirnoff ICE 17 years ago, Diageo set the pace in the Ready To Drink category and continues to lead in growth today. This is a fast moving, ever-changing segment driven strongly by flavor and lifestyle trends and Smirnoff Ice is consistently at the forefront, with over $250mm turnover in the US and bringing new thought leadership and innovation. Diageo is seeking an insightful brand marketer who has their finger on the pulse of culture to help develop and deliver marketing plans and product launches that build excitement for the Smirnoff ICE brand and deliver share growth. The Associate Brand Manager we seek is someone who has a challenger mindset, comfortable breaking corporate & consumer norms to prove the unproven to win. A leader and a creative instigator able to engage others around their ideas and inspire their agencies and other stakeholders to dream big and execute even bigger.
- Accountable for the FMB Annual Operating Plan including Volume, Revenue and Gross Profit.
- Help develop and execute the Flavored Malt Beverage Portfolio annual marketing plans, including a diverse national and local media plan, event executions, sponsorships, and traditional PR outreach as well as outside the box ideas that get consumers talking.
- Responsible for developing through-the-line, consumer centric programs across all retail channels and ensuring commercial teams are equipped with the right tools and selling materials to execute.
- Responsible for leading multiple brand renovation and line extension projects through the Gate process and working closely with the Innovation Team on commercialization of new to world introductions.
- Responsible for understanding and evaluating the effectiveness of marketing activity and implementing search and spin of proven tactics from other markets relevant for the US.
- Work closely with cross functional teams (Customer Marketing, Finance, DBC Sales and National Chain Account teams) to gain alignment on strategic priorities, ensure plans are actionable, and drive execution.
- Responsible for guarding and maintaining brand consistent brand identity.
- 1-3 years marketing experience in Consumer Packaged Goods, Bev Alc/Beer or on a lifestyle brand.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic category with a rapid and competitive consumer purchase cycle.
- Prior experience of working on innovation projects preferred.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, stakeholder engagement and decision-making skills and an effective communicator.
- Proven track record of excellence in converting millennial & multi-cultural (Hispanic & African American) consumer insights into effective growth drivers an advantage.
- Excellent multi-tasker, comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and matrixed organization who holds themselves to a world class standard of output and demonstrates a relentless desire to deliver the best performing marketing programs.
- Commercially minded and able to analyze in market data, pull out actionable insights, and translate them into activation plans that drive growth.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.