Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
The purpose of this role is to contribute to ensuring Legal fulfils its goal of: "Driving achievement of Diageo's strategic goals & our Performance Ambition & making a valuable contribution to Diageo's long-term, sustainable success", with primary accountability for leading & enhancing our investigation capabilities & building these capabilities in global function & market teams so that they can be conducted in an effective & cost efficient manner.
With this role, you will be the leader of the global investigation capability; accountable for setting policy & standards on conduct of investigations, including ensuring alignment with regulatory & legal requirements & working closely with other functions
- Enabling achievement of Performance Ambition
- Define investigations strategy & policy & incorporate industry best practice. Provide reports & analysis on trends & direct strategy appropriately. Drive proactive programmes to mitigate emerging risks & trends
- Communicate policies & guidelines & provide training to ensure compliance with operational practices
- Ensure processes deliver maximum cost efficiency
- Create & embedding good governance, effective compliance & risk management across investigation teams. Proactively create an environment where reputational & other risks are avoided
- Cultivate talent within CS to create a super-engaged function, committed to personal growth & capability building, & accountable for business performance.
Qualifications and experience required
- Senior professional from law enforcement or military investigation background.
- Experience of managing a team engaged in sensitive investigations.
- Extensive experience of conducting & managing complex investigations, conducting sensitive interviews, reviewing records, inc. e-data, to determine compliance with laws, regulations, policies & other relevant standards.
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguous environments
- Experience of effectively leading & influencing stakeholders across jurisdictions & cultures.
- Experience of dealing with government officials & agencies
- Track record of managing complex investigations in multiple jurisdictions; experience of handling sensitive issues
- Proven ability to identify business critical issues & prioritise workload to align with business needs, ability to multi-task but maintain ruthless focus on business priorities
- Provide effective written & oral reports on complex subjects to senior stakeholders, ensuring that legal privilege is protected where necessary