The role exists to provide analysis, support and commercial insight to the GM, VP and Division teams ensuring seamless coordination, communication and exchange of information between the sales, marketing and finance functions in the division as well as our distributors and retailers. This role will link the various division functions by facilitating process standardization, analysis, and identifying best practices. This role will also assist in the tracking, evaluating and reporting of national and division-specific KPIs, providing clear visibility to risks and opportunities to ensure that the division delivers annual volume goals and market share.
Purpose of Role:
- A key person that links the functional departments (Commercial Analytics and Planning, Innovation, Regional Marketing and Finance) with the Field Sales team on process standardization, planning, analysis, best practices, and facilitating risk and opportunity discussions.
- Consults with leadership and Division Finance team and has impact on Sales ranging by monitoring, tracking, analyzing, and troubleshooting on sales activity for Division.
- Complexity is high (territory/account, products/services, sales or account management process) as stakeholders are across functions and include 3rd parties.
- Anticipates & identifies opportunities or issues that potentially could add value or prevent the business from meeting/exceeding or under delivering against sales objectives.
- To strategize, develop, analyze, and review with key stakeholders; package and communicate overall sales performance to Corporate HQ and Division leadership.
- To facilitate business growth within the Division by assisting GM and Field Sales Team by investigating business opportunities and/or troubleshooting within Division boundaries and /or with customers.
- Manage Objective setting and communication for quarterly submissions and management.
- To standardize and streamline business practices, tools, resources, and communications within Field Sales Team; lead projects to improve top line sales.
- To mentor new hires in the Division Team; to develop, deliver, and maintain process to ensure continued induction or recruits into Diageo and the Division.
- To review, validate, and link functional information and disseminate to the Division Field Sales Teams.
- Embedding Diageo Way of Selling (DWS) within Division.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- College degree or equivalent work experience required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years commercial analytics required, preferably in Alcoholic Beverages, Consumer Packaged Goods or Beverage Category.
- Proven selling experience, including thorough understanding of retail and distributor dynamics.
- Analysis of market and competitive data and application of insights to drive sales.
- Proven success building relationships with customers to successfully influence and negotiate in complex situations.
- Self-starting problem solver.
- Strong data analytics skills required; strong Excel and Microstrategy skills preferred.
- Good communication skills - ability to articulate point of view across levels and functions.
- Comfortable with constructive challenge and build process with senior leadership.
- Resourceful and proactive - can take the initiative to be the Division lead when possible.
- High standards of accuracy.
- Enjoy making sense of grey areas.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.