The Marketing Manager will deliver top quality programs that support high volume sales of Diageo brands for their markets. This will be executed by the management of local, national and multi-brand events, dedicated promotional agency, and on premise programs. Ensure the sales team is educated on consumer targets and brand strategy. Marketing Manager will conduct post program evaluation.
Decision Making Planning
Recommend to Sales Directors/Managers how gaps in marketing plans will be reconciled and solicit ideas from to maximize program impact in the on premise. Balance how much to spend on each brand and each type of spend. Provide feedback to the brand teams at the time of concept review. Collaborate with all Brand Teams to drive strategic programming that will be effective within the diverse marketplace- Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville & Chattanooga.
A&P allocation: Ensure that our investments are consistent with brand strategy, Division objectives and commercial needs. Rely on analysis, program evaluations, sales input, distributor input. Decisions will be complicated by natural tension between delivering short-term results and building a long-term consumer franchise. Decisions on appropriate allocation will directly impact our ability to deliver any results and continue to increase the appeal of our brands to target consumers
Input on national programs: Provide fact-based, commercially grounded feedback to help shape the quality and executability of national event and promotional programs. Execute tools being provided fulfil consumer's needs. Ensure program is executable (legal, practical, timely, etc.). Ensure channel specific elements are executable. Ensure that feedback reflects input of sales and distributor teams through half-year planning sessions and concept reviews.
- Manage local events execution. Work closely with event organizers, distributor, agencies, media and customers to fulfill local needs and to exploit opportunities to better reach consumers and drive incremental volume and/or recruitment
- Manage National Execution Plan- Work closely with brand teams, distributor, agencies, media, and customer to support these programs in the marketplace.
- Ensure A&P spend provides appropriate investment to deliver plan and achieve consumer goals for brands.
- Manage necessary POS tools that are relevant, applicable, and available in a timely fashion to the channel and help to increase effectiveness
- Manage promotional agency to execute appropriate brand programming throughout the year. Coordinate the scheduling and sell in of these promotions with the distributor and customers. Manage any one off event needs. Attend training and promotional sessions.
- Coordinate Activation Army and TLA Reseve with distributor and local events.
- Manage on premise programming. Manage local and national programming and create proper selling tools for execution of programs and assist with training to distributor.
- Evaluate new event opportunities and make key contacts in the region.
- Assist in the management of internal meetings, brand visits, and hospitality in the region.
- Ensure measurement and tracking of critical business indicators and predictors of performance
- Manages and monitor budgets to ensure no overspend
- Consistent review of Return on Investment and adjustments made accordingly
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- College graduate, MBA preferred with 5 plus years relevant experience that should include:
- Marketing management experience with a major CPG company and/or 3 tier Distribution experience
- Managing large budgets across many line items
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.