To deliver excellent performance at retail through effective management of wholesaler customer and DBC sales team.
Role Based: San Francisco/South Bay and Or Sacramento
- Management of 23-25 wholesalers with interaction and strong relationship building with owner/senior management through to the sales reps
- Has responsibility for the P&L for the defined area
- Responsible for anywhere between 1.5 - 2 M cases
- Reports to Sales Director
- Deliver agreed-upon ABP depletion targets. Meet monthly and quarterly execution targets
- Deliver shipments to contractual DSI obligations.
- Manage trade other and price spends for the defined area, to agreed-upon rate per case.
- Negotiate and maximize Beer & PAB wholesaler investment and evaluate impact
- Develops and identifies sales forecasts/budgets through previous experiences and agreed forecasting techniques
Complexity of Role
- Planning/leading wholesaler execution through achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual business plan targets for entire area.
- Sets goals, follows-up and uses metrics to measure performance and process, ie. Scorecard for DM's within the area
- Has 4-6 DM's reporting directly into the role plus indirectly a DBC Sales Specialist and SEAL
- Market complexity may be High (on/off mix, price controlled state, Execution of ABP's with priority wholesalers.
- Analyze and plan wholesaler business- monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Develop wholesaler/retailer goals for visibility, distribution, display execution, promotions/ samplings, pricing, shelf management, and quality measures.
- Create and implement incentives to motivate wholesalers to execute against the key sales drivers by brand for the entire area.
- Plan and manage investment (Beer & PABs)
- Plan, Support and execute kick-off meetings for new innovation and programming initiatives throughout the year
- Negotiate a price structure with wholesaler to ensure pricing strategies are hit
- Analyze segment retail accounts in on/off premise channels to focus activities effectively.
- Work with National Account and Retail Chain teams to coordinate key account planning at wholesalers for the area of responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Undergraduate required. MBA preferred. Must have 4-6 years of market development and selling experience.
Wholesaler management in a major market; consumer need states; retail sales in chain grocery, independent liquor and On-Premise; thorough understanding of wholesaler operations; designing and executing radio merchandising activities; proven supervisory skills. Must know Diageo Products/history. Thorough understanding of \"Ways of Working;\" as well as competitive activity, market information, and quality standards. Understands and applies data analysis and administration. Uses and executes industry metrics to measure and track performance.
Inspiring individual, Persuasive selling, negotiation; problem solving; planning/organizing; proficiency in Microsoft office; financial acumen; superior platform skills as well as written and electronic communication; extremely positive; excellent influencer/negotiator; exhibits independence, resiliency and tenacity. Process oriented. Understands and applies interdependencies across functions. High performance standards.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes