The role exists to provide analysis, support and commercial insight to the CPWS Division teams ensuring communication and exchange of information between the region teams, marketing and finance functions in the division. This role will also assist in the annual build of our Strategic Plan, tracking, inputting and working with region finance on key plan building blocks into our systems and analyzing outputs to highlight risks and opportunities to ensure that the division delivers annual volume and value goals.
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division's performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Support annual planning and periodic O&R forecasts of Division P&L by managing key P&L inputs, proper inventory levels and volume phasing
- Support Region Finance teams and division business partners for issues and questions across the division
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all of Finance during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic review.
- Maintain a strong internal control and compliance environment. Manage the division monthly/quarterly/annual CARM (Control Assurance Risk Management) review and signoff
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliation and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis for both A&P and Discounts
- Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned by Management
- Champion process improvement, act as gatekeeper for data and system accuracy and drive consistency across the division
- Knowledge of Journal Entries as required
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- College degree or equivalent work experience required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years commercial analytics required, preferably in Alcoholic Beverages, Consumer Packaged Goods or Beverage Category
- Must have extremely strong MS Excel skills and SAP knowledge
- Highly analytical, with strong financial analysis skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a high sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills - ability to articulate point of view across levels and functions
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.