Exciting opportunities now available for you to join our Talisker Distillery as a Brand Home Lead Guide!
Closing Date: 28th February 2018
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
**** Talisker Distillery****
... Is the oldest working distillery on the Isle of Skye, set on the shores of Loch Harport with dramatic views of the Cuillins. A truly magical place, producing an alluring, sweet, full-bodied single malt is so easy to enjoy, and like Skye itself, so hard to leave. Skye is the largest of the Inner Hebrides and home to some of Scotland's most iconic landscapes.
The island has countless ways to enchant you, with its mountain ranges, miles of dramatic coastline and captivating history, so make sure and also bring your sense of adventure!
As distillery Brand Home Lead Guide, you will be involved in the daily running of the visitor centre, representing the brand and the company. This is a diverse role, leading and inspiring the team of guides in delivering high standards of customer service and an exceptional and memorable visitor experience. Expectations of the role will include:-
- Dealing with bookings & payments (email/telephone/online)
- Shop floor duties incl. till operations, visual merchandising, product knowledge & upselling
- Accountability for stock control & liaising with suppliers
- Produce staff rota, review holiday requests, submitting timesheets
- Staff training incl. tour audits
- Run reports & interpret data for daily meetings
- Attendance at internal meetings when required
- Hosting tours & tastings for visits when required
- Work on personal development to expand own knowledge and achieve company goals
- Contributing to continuous improvement projects
- Attendance at external events
- Flexible for temporary cover at other Diageo sites across Scotland
We are looking for someone who can work on their own initiative, is highly self-motivated and has flexible approach to their work. We are looking for someone who has excellent professional skills in being able to deal with and react to situations as they arise when dealing with the public. Finally we are looking for individuals with huge passion of this industry and takes pride in their role.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Although there are no specific qualifications required, we are looking for individuals with the following experiences and skills:
- Interpersonal/communication skills
- Experience of working within a team and ability to lead a team
- Presentable and Trustworthy
- IT literate (incl. Microsoft Office)
- Strong Numeracy skills
- Full Driving Licence
- Fluent in written/spoken English
- Evening/weekend/public holiday working
- Customer Service / Retail
- Whisky knowledge/interest (full training will be provided)
- Foreign languages
- Knowledge of SAP/COUPA
- First Aid qualification (full training will be provided)
HAPPY TO TALK FLEXIBLE WORKING