Guinness Storehouse is Ireland's No. 1 visitor attraction and has a key role to play in the Guinness Global Brand agenda. It is home to the Guinness visitor experience. This includes retail, restaurant and bar facilities, event facilities, company archives and Diageo's alcohol responsibility zone. Employing over 125 people and using a host of systems to support the different business functions, the Guinness Storehouse is a challenging customer facing environment.
Dimensions of the role
- Welcome 1.7 million visitors annually
- Visitor Experience Labour budget circa €3 million
- Deliver 89% minimum on Mystery Shopping measurement of service standards
b) Leadership Responsibilities
- The Visitor Experience Team deliver an exceptional experience to 1.7 million visitors annually. The role spans all areas of the Visitor Experience, from reservations to admissions to bar delivery.
- Visitor Experience Operations Manager has full responsibility for the co-ordination and planning of the delivery of service by a team of up to 140 staff.
- Visitor Experience Operations Manager is responsible for providing weekly, monthly and yearly plans for the management of Travel Trade arrivals and Visitor Arrivals to Storehouse team.
- Visitor Experience Operations Manager ensures that a full operational plan is in place for the delivery of an exceptional experience.
- He/She provides direction & supervision as required to VE team
Purpose of Role
- Visitor Experience Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating, managing and monitoring all the 'input functions' in VE operations - reservations, staff and training
- The role has responsibility for the preparation of labour budgets, plans the use of human resources, organises recruitment and placement of required staff.
- People Manager - monitor, manage and evaluate performance
1.Visitor Planning- Reservations/Travel Trade Bookings
- Deliver plans for Travel Trade arrivals and Visitor Arrivals to Storehouse team and activate operations and capacity management plans in line with business requirements.
- Maximise visitor numbers by managing group bookings through effective planning, analysis and tracking of bookings
- Ensure the efficient management of the reservations department
- Prepare labour budgets, plan the use of human resources, organise recruitment and placement of required staff.
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the input functions in VE operations - labour, training and ensure that team members (in-house & outsourced) are properly trained and skilled to do their jobs
- People Manager - monitor, manage and evaluate performance.
- Ensure visitors to the Home of Guinness have consistently great Guinness experiences
- Deputise for Visitor Experience Manager as required
Qualifications and experience required
- 3rd level qualification in hotel and catering, tourism or hospitality management OR 3rd level qualification in business management
- Needs to be a strong operations manager, managing cross-functional teams, preferably in hospitality tourism or service environment
- 2-3 years experience in managing a large team of people
- Experience with establishing, delivering and measuring excellent service standards
- Excellent planning skills required