Purpose of Role:
To provide Project Management support to our Distillery Manager for the George Dickel Distilling Company located in Tullahoma, TN. Reporting to the Distillery Manager, the Engineering Intern will focus on coordination of the Liquid Yeast Project with the Brand Technical Center, Procurement, and Site Team.
- Execute Yeast Trials at the Distillery by coordinating resources, materials, trial protocols, evaluation & analysis, and recommended final usage levels of the Liquid Yeast
- Identify, mitigate, and report risks/opportunities to the overall project for the site to handle liquid yeast
- Ensure Liquid Yeast vendor is properly aligned with site on EOQ's, delivery, and storage
- Communication of Project with deliverables to Key Stakeholders
- Prepare trial production plans to meet Diageo.
- Ensure BOM's, usages,etc are accurate in SAP
- Coordinate, record, and analyses trial information required.
- Coordinates the resources necessary to complete the trials.
- Amends/updates vendor information with the DBS team.
- Identify and action cost savings/process improvements
- Other duties as assigned by Distillery Manager and/or the Site Director
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum junior year in College in related Chemical or Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Proficiency in the use of Windows 07, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SAP and efficiency with the Internet is preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills