The Caribbean and Central America (CCA) is one of Diageo's most diverse and profitable markets. It is the number 1 market in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) in terms of profitability, both in absolute and margin terms, and close to number 2 in terms of NSV. Globally, we are the second most profitable market for Diageo, after North America.
Purpose of role:
Responsible for supporting the Border Channel Key Account Manager to achieve budget sales and execution of programs with Distributors to achieve maximum sales volume consistent with sales projections.
To develop "World Class" partnership relationships with our distributor to increase focus and support for the entire Diageo Portfolio of Spirits brands, Beer and Wine where appropriate whilst increasing distribution, volume, and brand visibility. Also develops retail business within the channels.
The incumbent for this position is expected to:
- Leverage CCA Way of Working
- Focus on designated customers and key brands to drive portfolio growth
- Develop a distributor 'Brand Building Machine' together with Marketing and Customer Marketing via consumer/customer/shopper understanding
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the execution of the agreed commercial plans with distributors including pricing, distribution, promotions, share of shelf space. Provides monthly feedback for BPM.
- Tracking and Monitoring the full A&P Budget and support the KAM in the tracking of the Trade Spend for assigned brands
- Owns and design the Activation Brand Plans for Border in regards to our Non-Scotch, Reserve and Innovation agenda with the support of the KAM
Qualifications and responsibilities:
- Bachelor's Degree required in Business or related field.
- Between 2 -3 year of experience in sales and /or customer marketing /trade marketing areas with specific experience in managing distributor based businesses.
- English and Spanish required.
- Understanding of value chain.
- Ability to work around and within a variety of different market conditions and demographic factors.
- Understanding of retailer and/or distributor strategy and operations.
- Analytical and presentation skills.
- Be a good influencer and negotiator, with a range and adaptability of style. Structured thinker with planning skills.
- Well organized. High level of energy and self-starter.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.