Education and Experience Requirement
Candidates to be considered for job role as a Multi-craft technician must have satisfactorily completed a 2 year Electro-Mechanical program from a state accredited University. Curriculums must include intense study in Electricity, Drives, Servo Motors, PLC programming and troubleshooting, machine shop, welding, mechanical gear systems troubleshooting, and industrial mechanical plumbing and ventilation. Candidate must either have completed or be able to complete within one year the State Exam to become a licensed electrician. Candidate must have at least 5 years of relevant experience in the maintenance/electrical field and be OSHA 30 trained. Proficiency in tig welding stainless steel is a plus and is a skill that must be mastered during first year of employment. HVAC license and experience troubleshooting and installing is also a plus during interview phase. Experience working in explosive/hazardous environments is a plus.
The job duties are extremely diverse and include but are not limited to
- Spec and install electrical service from utility feed
- Follow national standards for conduit and electrical wire installation
- Troubleshoot any and all electrical systems and controls
- PLC programming and instrument troubleshooting
- Mechanical pipe installation including threading, welding, and compression fittings
- Hydraulic system troubleshooting and repair
- Pneumatic system troubleshooting and repair
- Steam system maintenance and repair and changes
- General cleaning of assigned areas
- Work with mixers, agitators, pumps, and pressure vessels
- Repair and rebuild pumps, gearboxes, and electric motors
- Support training of junior technicians and technical operators to safely perform needed task
- Support any and all shutdown activities throughout the site.
- Any other task or duties assigned as deemed by Supervision
- Safely work in explosive or hazardous environments while performing preventative and or repair task
Candidate must be willing to travel up to 15% of the time and work at other sites as directed by Management. Candidate must be able to safely work alone and follow all safety process at the site as well as work with a team to handle larger projects. Candidate must be willing to overtime and or a flexible schedule which will be determined by the need of the business to support the needs of the site.