Lead the oversight and management of the on premise channel performance in NJ, including driving activity in 20 targeted accounts. Focus performance on the Core Brands, while both building and maintaining equity for strategic and regional brand priorities in the on premise.
- Lead the communication, activation & execution with the distributor driving the Diageo business within this channel.
- Communicate key programs on focus brands with distributors on a monthly basis
- Evaluate On premise execution & understand opportunities to further leverage the Portfolio within the distributor
- Communicate On Premise performance to distributors on a monthly basis
- Deliver clear communication of Diageo Suggested Pricing - gather & provide insight into combos / programs that have worked
- Ownership & execution of menu Goals - track and drive with the DM & distributor
- Ownership & execution of On Premise PODs - drive & track with DM & distributor
- Communicate any new news on brands that will drive the on premise activity & excitement
- Set up 1 blitz per quarter per distributor to close any gaps in performance & distribution
Activation Army (AA)
- Own and manage the relationship with the third party company responsible for hiring and management of the Activation Army specialists.
- Track & drive volume in AA accounts
- Set up goals every quarter, understand how they will be achieved and track achievement
- Monthly communication on programming in accounts, track and evaluate activity, course correct as required
- Monthly communication on pricing
- Facilitating training modules on brands with our ambassadors and marketing team
- Reviewing performance of specialists and effectiveness in the marketplace and working with the agency to ensure the specialists are highly effective
- Owning the compliance agenda with the outside agency
- Sharing best practices
- Ensure proper flow of information between AA & distributor as required
- Grow share in the On Premise
- Be the point of contact & own the relationship in the Top 20 accounts for Diageo - drive programming, investment in these accounts
- Work with Market Manager to ensure we have ordered the correct On Premise POS
- Leverage use of national & regional ambassadors (reserve, tequila, scotch etc) to drive activity in the on premise
- Understand what resources are available centrally to leverage in the market
- Ensure that all programming is legally compliant and socially responsible
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong influencing and managing capabilities
- Solid organizational skills
- Previous experience in the on premise
- Previous people management experience
- Ability to be impactful in NJ market day one in role
- A minimum of 5-7 years industry experience
- Role will be based in New Jersey
To all recruitment agencies: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.