Purpose of the Role:
To lead and develop category teams in the pursuit of procurement excellence. Ensure best practice and full compliance in running the business and delivering maximum value and ongoing cost reduction across all spend to create the fuel for growth.
- Full responsibility for delivering the in-market plans and programs.
- Deliver the annual operating financial plan with finance and non-financial targets whilst ensuring adherence to ethical and compliance policies.
- Delivering incremental cost savings and identify progressive cost reduction opportunities into future fiscal years.
- Ensure due diligence in management of spend through benchmarking, cost modelling, sourcing and bidding practices
- Build credible, sustainable relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers, establishing Procurement as a long-term business partner.
- Coach the development of the extended category teams establishing best practice Procurement across the Global / Market Teams
Entry Level Requirements - Capabilities, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 10 years' procurement experience or relevant category experience
- Would have typically progressed from Category Manager lead roles with solid track record
- Possess a very strong functional toolkit on Category Management, Sourcing, SRM, SPM, Risk Management & Continuous Improvement.
- A strong Negotiator and Coach.
- Demonstrate a solid track record in stakeholder influencing & management, strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence & challenge snr stakeholders and budget holders
- Strong performance execution track record across complex Market and can operate effectively in Matrix organisation environments, including with Global teams
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal, written and presentation.
- Proven track record of consistent performance planning and execution.
- Strong Analytical and Financial awareness including a comprehensive understanding of the AOP requirements and financial goals & value drivers aligned to the category strategy
- Experience of managing executive level relationships with suppliers and influencing supplier strategies
- Ability to build great teams and develop talent.
Win through Execution
- Act like owners of Diageo by holding self and others to account for highest standards
- Scan the environment constantly and adapt plans with pace
- Inject a restlessness to win and unlock capacity to decide and act quickly
- Demand brilliant execution to ensure we always win at the point of purchase
Invest in Talent
- Take bold bets on talent underpinned by rigorous assessment
- Build and coach diverse teams to unlock performance and growth
- Create an inclusive environment where everyone can be at their best
- Instill agility and resilience in our teams
Shape the Future
- Enable others to imagine the future and be brave to act boldly now
- Set context and empower people to experiment and unlock opportunities for growth
- Demand diverse external perspectives and trends that create impetus for change
- Insist on sufficient data and insights that quickly move us to action
Inspire through Purpose
- Create meaning, pride and belief for others through Diageo's purpose
- Inspire teams to take entrepreneurial risks; encourage and recognise learning
- Build trust and respect in Diageo through open and honest relationships
- Celebrate frequently the impact of living our purpose
To all recruitment agencies: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.