The Quality Department is vital in supporting the distillation and maturation processes at the Shelbyville Distillery to ensure the production of high quality whiskey for the Bulleit Brands.
This role as part of the Quality Team will play a key role in delivering on the quality and food safety commitments of the organization in ensuring that Diageo's high standards are maintained.
Purpose of Role:
As a member of the plant quality team, the Quality Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the site's laboratories. The Quality Technician will be integral in ensuring that key testing criteria are completed and communicated in a timely manner. A high level of decision making is required for the acceptance criteria.
- Testing/inspection of incoming grain to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Analytical testing on process samples and finished product to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Operation of various laboratory instruments including a High Performance Liquid Chromatograph.
- Yeast cell counts.
- Site Super User for laboratory database/manage lab records.
- Sensory analysis of distillates and maturates.
- Maintain Sensory Laboratory, sensory standards, and sample shipping.
- Create and maintain laboratory testing procedures.
- Support compliance to ISO 9001 and the Quality Management System.
- Deliver on Quality objectives as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree/Diploma in Science preferred or 3-5 years of analytical experience in a laboratory or in a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Liquid Chromatography.
- Demonstrated laboratory testing capabilities.
- Proficient with computers, having good skills with MS Excel. Knowledge of SAP is an asset.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Strong organization skills.
To all recruitment agencies: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.