This is an entry level consumer marketing position within the cluster to assist the Director (or Manager) in the development and implementation of the field brand/category business plans, including the long term strategic plan and AOP.
This role also assists the Director and/or Manager by analyzing sales and consumer research data, developing consumer insights and turning them into business building opportunities.
Reporting: reports to Marketing Director.
- Planning Process: assist marketing managers and directors to complete cluster requirements for annual planning. Work closely with Market Managers, Finance and Distributor to assist in the creation of a high quality annual planning process which captures stretch but realistic targets along with all the programs, tools and investment necessary to deliver the growth goals. Utilize cluster planning sessions to accurately forecast capacity needs for POS, promotions, etc.
- Channel half-year plans: assist marketing managers and director to select national programs that best meet the needs of the cluster and channel. Add the overlays to satisfy unmet needs, fill programming gaps, and/or increase the selling power of a brand-created program. Consolidate all programs into one presentation, calendarize, and set program objectives.
- Mgt of A&P Spend: Assist with management of the budgets (excluding local tactical) together with the marketing managers. Ensure spend is consistent with the achievement of brand objectives and directly supports the achievement of cluster goals.
- Consumer Focused: assist marketing managers with education to sales on consumer targets and brand strategy to ensure that our execution at retail reaches the appropriate consumers and that no off-strategy communication gets to the marketplace.
- POS Tools: assist marketing managers to ensure that POS offerings are on-strategy, fulfill customer's requirements and that we are providing optimal quantities. Ensure timely orders, procurement, shipments and installation at retail. Work closely with sales and distributor to ensure process to communicate inventory levels and get items out at retail fast.
- Events: ensure that all events are aligned with brand strategies and are compliant with the Diageo Marketing Code. Provide seamless execution of events from planning through to recap. Perform M&E on all events to determine effectiveness. Ensure event expenditures are in line with expected budgets.
Complexity of Role
Requires strong level of collaboration between functions within the Cluster and external partners.
Covers a wide range of activities including market programming and event management. Each program run must fit within overall brand strategy.
Covers elements of Trade Marketing and Brand Marketing when programs or elements are customized to meet local market needs.
Developed ability to analyze data and glean consumer insights. Developed ability to construct brand strategies based on consumer insights. Assists Director (or Manager) in development and delivery of field market growth strategy, delivery of brand and portfolio profit objectives, setting of brand objectives and marketing plans for every element of the marketing mix. Ensuring execution of marketing plans and events.
Experience: Experience in consumer packaged goods or beverage alcohol
Education: BA/BSc with a major in business, Preference for MBA
Track record of success in
Documentable track record of generating excellent results
Strong collaboration skills, ability to work across functional and reporting lines
Task management across matrix organization
Customer marketing initiatives
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.