Diageo Global Procurement is accountable for the Procurement of Supply, Demand and Indirect categories with an annual value of circa £5.3bn. The vision of the Procurement function is to "Boldly drive improved operating margin and competitive advantage by leading cost consciousness and best in class procurement through a high performing organisation. We will enable Brand growth and best COGs by leveraging supplier capabilities and external innovation."
Diageo's Procurement function is structured to take advantage of our global scale through a model based on Global Category Procurement and Local Operation Procurement teams.
Purpose of role:
- This role results from the new Procurement Operating Model whereby Global Procurement has accountability for 80% of the procurement spend globally, the execution of which is supported by Market Procurement.
- This role will be key to keep Global Procurement engaged with the in market reality to continuously nourish the Global Procurement BIC model.
- Create a healthy tension between Global and in market procurement
- Meet with suppliers at the most senior levels to ensure business needs are met and issues resolved. Negotiate relevant agreements as necessary.
- Create and lead new global co-packing programmer for procurement
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Help define Market Procurement objectives and challenge markets to deliver stretch goals. Ensure full alignment with Global Procurement targets. Review progress in markets through monthly BPMs. Requires understanding of market needs and global procurement strategies.
- Establish senior functional alignment and engagement with internal and external stakeholders. Enable alignment between Procurement and Market leadership.
- Maintain the focus on nurturing and coaching the in-market Procurement teams, including coaching of the in-market procurement teams on both functional and leadership skills. Actively participate in appointment of senior procurement individuals in markets. Enable the development of effective people strategies and positive value survey scores in markets.
- Embed the Global Procurement organisation model and ways of working both within Procurement as well as with other market functions.
- Enable excellence in delivery of procurement initiatives and supplier performance, in line with the OM.
Qualifications and responsibilities:
- Strong academic credentials, preferably a degree and a MBA.
- A minimum of fifteen years of progressively more responsible leadership roles in Procurement. Need to understand all key categories (supply, demand, and Indirect).
- An individual with the broad business acumen to interact with, and challenge, general management at a senior level is critical.
- The ability to work in an environment where understanding of cultural aspects play an important role in successfully influencing outcomes
- Is very likely to have led a procurement function in an international environment