Commercial Counsel, Talent Pool- Permanent
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
Are you an exceptional commercial lawyer who delivers brilliant execution and is outcome-oriented? Do you have the ability to effectively lead and influence a wide range of people, at all levels of the organisation? Do you demonstrate deep personal accountability for great performance, moving effectively between strategy and operational detail, staying focussed on commercial priorities and critical agenda?
If your answer is yes to all of these questions, then upload your details and join our talent pool for upcoming roles with us here at Diageo!
- Business Partnering: Enable achievement of Diageo business objectives by pro-active fit for purpose legal support and advice that delivers brilliant execution and outcome-orientated solutions while appropriately managing and mitigating the associated legal risks and driving holistic performance to protect and maintain reputation
- Risk Management: Support the critical compliance agenda and practices which drive holistic performance to protect and maintain reputation with pro-active input into preventative actions to address key business risks, manage issues to mitigate impact
Essential qualifications / experience required i.e. language, technical qualifications etc
- Lawyer qualified (4-6 years PQE) in England & Wales (or equivalent common law jurisdiction), with relevant commercial legal practice experience gained in leading law firm and/or relevant in-house (FMCG and/or digital commerce experience preferred).
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of managing wide legal and compliance agenda, complex legal transactions and dealing effectively with external legal service providers
Apply now to join our Talent Pool, this is an ideal entry point for high calibre qualified lawyers who want to get into Diageo!