Just Imagine... Joining the world's leading premium drinks business, surprising and delighting our customers & consumers with our brands such as Johnnie Walker, Guinness and Smirnoff
At Diageo we have more than 33,000 bright and collaborative people working to push our business and brands forward. We have a guiding purpose to celebrate life every day, everywhere, which permeates everything we do. We want our people to progress and fulfill their potential while at Diageo through giving them the freedom to do their best work.
The Brand Technical Center is a part of DNA Supply and consists of a team of 140+ technical experts, located at our world class facility in Plainfield, IL
- Packaging & Technology provides the leadership, strategic vision, structure and rigor to unlock the packaging and technology expertise needed to achieve our business goals through superior collaboration with our business partners and suppliers.
- Innovation & Brand Change is responsible for launching over 150 projects annually, led by the North American Spirits portfolio. They lead projects through a stage gate commercialization process in both foreign & domestic markets and are responsible for developing business plans for product launches, designing liquid and packaging solutions, and ensuring commercial viability throughout the supply chain.
- Operational Excellence focuses on Environment, Health & Safety, Quality, Regulatory and Manufacturing Excellence by establishing best practices and standards, building capabilities, providing technical support and assuring compliance within the organization.
- Science & Technology consists of Brand Technical Assurance, Manufacturing Technology Development, and Research Science. S&T is a diverse group with vast technical expertise in such areas as engineering, brewing/distilling, chemistry, and microbiology. Their focus is to deliver revolutionary liquids, materials, and manufacturing technologies and define global technical standards to strengthen our esteemed brands.
About this Role
This is a 1 year, contract role in I&BC starting in June 2018. Packaging Specialists are given challenging projects that have an immediate impact on the business. Throughout the year, you will have multiple opportunities for visibility and exposure to sr. management, the BTC, and suppliers. All Packaging Specialists receive individual coaching and training from their manager and cross-functional mentor and the same kind of performance feedback given to full-time employees. In this role, you have an opportunity to gain the experience and exposure that could lead to an exciting full-time job at Diageo!
- Develop technical specifications for packaging components. ( shippers, dividers, labels, closures, glass & PET containers, and other components)
- Manage specification workflows and issuance to vendors
- Interface with project managers and cross functional team members to ensure specification accuracy
- Execute Testing Plans specific to project details, including the completion of a Testing Report
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Unrestricted US work authorization now and in the future
- Legal Drinking Age (21 years) by the start of employment
- Minimum current GPA of 3.0
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or Engineering (Packaging, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical), or similar, preferably with relevant work experience
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to gather and analyze data
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive projects to conclusion
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Confidence, adaptability, and resiliency in challenging situations and a fast-paced environment
Is this role for you?