There are a lot of great reasons to love working at Laithwaite’s not least that we’re the most successful wine merchant on the planet. A family run business for over 50 years we sell more wine, to more people, than anyone else.
Our secret? We realised that not only did we need to get out there, meet the winemakers and discover the world’s best wines for ourselves, we had to take the customer on the journey with us.
We do that with great communication, un-stuffy writing and tastings for the customer to meet the winemakers themselves. You too, could be part of that journey.
There’s a great working culture at Laithwaite’s. Out customer events are run entirely by in-house staff, we have opportunities for wine education, regular staff tastings and more.
We are currently looking to recruit a Campaign Executive (Customer Acquisition) on a Fixed Term contract (Maternity cover) to be based at our Head Office in Theale. The role is working full time, 35 hours per week and is expected to last until end of August 18. The role is available immediately, so the successful candidate will be able to start Mid March 18.
The role on offer is varied in content and includes administration and support for the Campaign Managers within the team. As a fast paced role multi tasking and prioritization will be key strengths. The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate previous commercial business experience, ideally within a marketing function.
Overall Job Purpose:
• To assist the customer acquisition team with the execution of customer acquisition activity
• Support the Marketing Managers with the implementation of customer acquisition marketing campaigns – including liaising with Production, Creative Services, Customer Services, the Digital Team and Merchandising to ensure each campaign is timely and error free.
• Responsible for preparing, briefing and implementing New Business acquisition activity, such as off the page ads, web offers and inserts under the supervision of the Campaign Manager and Partner Account Manager, including set-up in the Global Marketing System (GMS).
• Responsible for planning, briefing and implementing Laithwaites OTP advertising. Including liaising with the media agency on bookings and ensuring budget spend and new customer targets are met, under the supervision of the Campaign Manager. Contribute to monthly results meetings.
• Assist the Campaign Managers with the drafting of creative and copy briefs for Laithwaites, Sunday Times Wine Club, Averys and business partner activity as needed, in accordance with the instructions from the marketing managers.
• Assist in the copy checking and creative sign-off process for all customer acquisition activity, including landing pages.
• Responsible for co-ordinating all offline customer acquisition activity for the Refer a Friend Scheme. Includes preparing, briefing and implementing print activity under the supervision of the Campaign Manager. Work closely with the Digital Campaign Manager to co-ordinate offline and online Refer a Friend activity.
• Assist the Marketing Managers with updating weekly results and producing relevant reports.
• Loading customer acquisition campaigns into GMS.
• Other administrative duties relating to customer acquisition marketing activity
Experience / Qualifications and Skills:
• Educated to A Level standard or equivalent (essential)
• Demonstrable previous commercial business experience (essential)
• Previous Marketing experience (Preferred)
Personal Qualities / Skills:
• Excellent attention to detail
• Highly organised
• Good Excel skills
• Flexible and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Good communicator within and outside of the business
• Team player