- Determines capabilities agenda, scope and deliverables for the fiscal year and multi-year plan, making adjustments as appropriate to changing business conditions.
- Determines national curriculum rollout sequence and priority to address capability gaps across a range of commercial functional areas within Diageo and Distributors / Brokers.
- Determines allocation of financial and human resources against annual training content development and delivery execution.
- Selects and implements appropriate technology tools to support Divisions and Distributors / Brokers in achieving performance metrics against plan
Financial: This role is responsible for managing all budgets and costs associated with the development and execution of the North America commercial capabilities plan, including overheads, project costs, submission of purchase orders, expense reports and vendor invoices.
This role reports into the Senior Vice President, Human Resources for the NA Commercial business and collaborates/influences the distributor/broker and Division Leadership teams. This role leads a team of 3 Commercial Directors, 1 Senior Manager and 1 Coordinator.
- Manages team of 5 direct reports.
- Manages all department budgets (A&P, OH, T&E) in accordance with plan.
- Defines strategic capability "must-dos" for the North American market.
- Sets department fiscal and multi-year plan and aligns with key executive stakeholders (NA Exec Team, Presidents, GMs, Global Capabilities Leadership Team).
- Engages with HR to identify current capability gaps and future opportunities resulting from talent assessment and iDevelop output.
- Ensures consistency of capability plans and approach across the Division teams, managing capability directors / manager on priorities, curriculum and accreditation aligned with the national agenda.
- Develops and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with key senior executives at Diageo and Distributors / Brokers to influence and drive achievement of annual capability plans.
- Drives annual accreditation process across North America, ensuring consistency of approach and execution across Diageo and Distributor / Broker commercial teams.
- Updates North America executive team on progress against plan and conducts periodic business reviews with GMs and Distributor / Broker business owners on progress against plan.
- Accountable for SOPEX Scorecarding and overarching M+E against the NA plan execution.
- Performs vendor reviews and deployment of technology and tools for departmental use.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate/MBA preferred
- 7-10 years of commercial experience either within Diageo or similar beverage-alcohol company.
- Strong working knowledge of all tiers within the spirits industry.
- Cross-functional team management/leadership
- Interpersonal/communication/influencing skills
- Proven success building cross functional relationships to successfully influence and negotiate in complex situations and solve problems
- Demonstrated decision support, business planning, strategic thinking, partnership and process excellence
- Demonstrated effective negotiation and project management skills
- Understands the financial aspect of the distributor / broker
- Ability to build and maintain key relationships with senior leaders across the organization and with the distributor / broker
To all recruitment agencies: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.