For Diageo to achieve its ambitious growth and profitability aspirations; and in order to further drive the shift to a sell-out focused business, our markets have identified the need to significantly improve upon our current commercial performance reporting and routines.
It is a shift that the Global Executive Committee and each of the Regional Presidents individually, have endorsed, and it will require a significant organizational shift. The importance of this is illustrated by the Global Executive Committee decision to create a new "Global Sales Function", and this role will be a critical member of this team. The role will be accountable for the deployment and embedding of technology that will enable outlet execution measurement and insight generation for our outlet universe.
This role will provide candidates with an opportunity to be at the forefront in leading improved outlet execution and ultimately business performance; enabling Diageo to be a World Class Sales organization.
This is a global role; but is primarily focused on North America and Latin America and will require travel within these regions.
Purpose of Role
* Lead, coach and work with the market teams to roll out and embed technology that will deliver objective outlet execution measurement and insights
* Be the catalyst for organisational change, leading to the markets becoming obsessed with winning at the outlet
* Take global thinking and make it locally actionable
* Take local best practice and make it globally applicable
* Deliver the roll out and embedding of technology that will provide fact based objective measurement at outlet and will be instrumental in driving forward our outlet execution transformation in North America and Latin America
* Lead, coach and work with the market teams so they can deliver improved performance management and outlet level insights that will enable better decision making
* Lead a cross functional team in specific markets to deliver implementation and embedding; cross functional team includes: Global Sales, Global DBS (commercial & data), In country sales, In country DBS, distributor partners
* Be the catalyst for organisational change, leading to the markets and our partners continually improving their standards, capabilities and business results
* Responsible for ensuring governance and performance management of program in specific markets
* Deliver improved outlet execution performance against KPI's in priority markets based on improved measurement and insight generation
Qualifications and experience required
* Leading this transformation is quite complex based on the amount of internal and external stakeholders and requires someone with a strong project management skillset coupled with a solid commercial background
* A proven sales leader who has commercial experience in at least 2 of the following areas: customer marketing, CP&A, Field Sales Management, Distributor Management, Key Account Management
* Technology Savy
* Advanced Commercial acumen and a problem solver; restless & agile - lives and breathes implementation
* Ability to impact and influence through the organization from GM thru to front line sales representative
* Ability to work a flexible workday to accommodate various time zones