Star Pubs and Bars Solution Consultant
Function: Business Systems - IT
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + 35 days holiday + Bupa + Award Winning Pension + Product Allowance
WHY FIT IN, WHEN YOU CAN STAND OUT?
We're proud to be the UK's leading Pub, Cider and Beer Company. With over 2,000 colleagues employed across the UK, we offer fantastic opportunities for people with talent and drive. From brewing to sales and marketing, from logistics to finance, IT and HR - there's much more to our business than you might imagine.
Our unrivalled portfolio of brands includes Foster's, Strongbow, John Smith's, Bulmers, Desperados and of course the world-renowned Heineken® and, with 3000 pubs, we are one of the UK's leading leased pub businesses (Star Pubs & Bars) and a passionate supporter of the great British pub. We have now created a number of new roles to ensure we've got the infrastructure in place to accommodate this significant change and ensure there's plenty of support in place for all our Lessees and Operators.
HEINEKEN has a long-held belief that pubs are an integral part of British culture and that well invested pubs run by skilled operators can prosper and thrive. We're a passionate supporter of the Great British Pub and since 2012 have invested more than £100m in our pubs to broaden their appeal, which we combine with flexible leases and market leading support. We seek the best and most innovative licensees and work together to create successful pubs at the heart of their communities.
We've ambitious goals. And we know it's the expertise and enthusiasm of our people that fuels our growth. Right now we're looking for an outstanding Star Pubs and Bars Solution Consultant to join our team.
To check out more about our STAR Pubs & Bars business go to - http://www.starpubs.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn.
Reporting into the Solutions Architect this role is pivotal in ensuring the design and realisation of software applications within Star Pubs & Bars are fit for purpose and delivered against stated business requirements.
The role holder is responsible for the successful delivery, implementation and ongoing support of our software solutions. You will understand the business industry, market and solutions available in the context of your own role. Solution Consultants are guided by policies, procedures, business plans and KPI's for professional services. You will have support from Senior Consultants in your product area and from their line manager.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Business Performance - Design & implement IT applications that can genuinely increase the performance of the Star Pubs & Bars and wider Heineken business
- Application Expertise - Provide an in depth understanding of the applications across the Star Pubs & Bars and Heineken landscape
- Project Delivery - Lead the Solution Delivery teams across a key projects within the Business Changes Programmes
- Ongoing Support & Maintenance - Proactively maintain existing systems using Agile methods to ensure applications continue to be fit for purpose
- Vendor Management - Build relationships with & manage key suppliers / partners to ensure applications continue to be optimally delivered & supported
- Industry Knowledge - Maintain knowledge of latest developments & technologies within the UK Pub industry
Knowledge & experience of the following IT systems is desirable:
- Core SAP ERP solutions
- Web & Mobile Application Development Platforms
- Microsoft Office / SharePoint Collaboration Tools
PRIDE IN WHO WE ARE, PASSION FOR WHAT WE DO
If this sounds like a journey you'd like to join, we'd love to hear from you.
We are passionate about Great British Pubs, so instead of a covering letter talking about you, please simply tell us which pub or bar is your favorite (it doesn't have to be one of ours) and the reasons why.
If you'd like to stand out, rather than fit in, we'd love to hear from you.
Closing Date - 26th March 2018
Job Segment: Consultant, Consulting, Developer, ERP, Social Media, Contract, Marketing, Technology