Customer Development Executive (CDE) West Midlands
Reports to: Business Development Manager
As one of the world’s leading spirits brands, Mast-Jaegermeister (MJUK) seeks to be one of the top 3 spirit brands in the UK by sparking a genuine connection with its consumers and customers through innovative sales and marketing initiatives. We are part of the wider Mast-Jaegermeister family, as a subsidiary of Mast-Jaegermeister SE in Germany, we remain true to the brand heritage, whilst adapting to the complex UK market. Our values are at the forefront of everything we do - Customer Focus, Delivering Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Respect and Team Work.
The role of the Customer Development Executive (CDE) is to maximise availability, visibility and rate of sale with targeted On Trade customers within a designated post code region. The role is homebased therefore it is essential that you live within this territory in order that you truly understand the culture, keeping your finger on the pulse for drinking trends. Although opportunities exist in all segments of the On-trade, the calls will be predominantly from the high energy and image trend and scene accounts in alignment with our brand. On average you will make nine planned calls per day and have an account base of approximately 225 core outlets.
Approximately 10% of your time will be spent developing influential trend and scene accounts.
Primary responsibility will be to maintain and develop On Trade accounts within your defined territory, driving sustainable distribution, volume and visibility.
1. Distribution – Connecting and engaging with accounts within the On-Trade to drive brand penetration whilst maintaining existing distribution. Using commercial awareness and brand assets to win back accounts from competitor brands
2. Training – Grow brand saliency by educating and increasing perception of the brand to both consumers and customers. This includes implementing bar staff education, training and incentives to increase staff engagement and ensure the delivery of the perfect serve
3. Visibility – Maximise visibility and brand awareness through the implementation of displays and negotiating menu listings at point of purchase. Visibility will be achieved through the use of branded point of sale (POS) and bespoke items.
4. Equipment – Improve the quality of the serve, increase visibility and drive rate of sale by placing Jagermeister ice cold equipment to accounts within your territory.
February 2018 2
5. Joint Business Plans – Partner with our customers and develop proactive programmes to help build consumer led solutions. Leading to sustainable partnerships.
6. Evaluation - Evaluate work and activities to determine the effectiveness and measurement of objectives (SMART) in order to drive continuous improvement.
Approximate division of time 30% Visibility, 30% Equipment, 30% Blurred Lines, 10% Influencer
1. Planning and organisational skills
2. Excellent interpersonal communications skills – both verbal and written
3. Leadership skills
4. Attention to detail
5. Computer literacy
6. Developed presentation skills
7. Selling and negotiation skills.
1. Drive and initiative
3. Customer and consumer focused
4. Analysis and strategy
5. Creative problem solving and decision making skills
6. Creativity and innovation
7. Honesty, courage and integrity
8. Self - Motivated
9. Team player
10. Commercially minded
Knowledge and experience
1. Graduate or relevant experience
2. Passionate about the drinks industry
1. Account Management experience
2. Promotional Activation experience
3. On-trade knowledge
4. Understanding of RTM within the trade
5. Understanding of Regional and National Accounts
Hours of Working
Please note that this role is required to work a minimum of 2 evenings a week (finishing 9pm and 11pm).