The UK Off Trade Business Development Manager is responsible for driving growth of Brown Forman's single malt
whisky portfolio in the UK, within our appointed Distributor & the direct sales route-to- market model, reporting to the UK Sales Director.
Key Regional Responsibilities:
- Support ongoing integration of the Scotch business, working with Brown Forman market teams and Global
- Actively develop and build the core business across BenRiach, GlenDronach and Glenglassaugh brands.
- Plan, manage and sell-in the annual limited release programmes across the three malt brands, liaising closely with the Global brand team, local market teams and Production
- Manage regional allocations for core and limited release expressions and NPD
- Communicate new product plans to our distributor and customers, so they can plan sell-in and launches in a timely manner
- Work closely with Global brand team and local market teams on pricing of limited releases and NPD
- Stay informed of competitive activity, business/market conditions, feeding in opportunities/issues/ideas to global and local teams, which help refine global strategy and identify new business opportunities
- Working closely with the UK Brand team and UK Ambassador where appropriate support key whisky fairs, tastings and other events. Host high profile master classes / trade consumer events which will help build brand awareness, reputation and support business growth. Lead key customer visits to the distillery Home Places in Scotland.
- Provide ongoing whisky education and training to the distributor and retail sales partners, in a way which creates deep understanding and powerful advocacy for the new brands, galvanising and mobilising key business partners
Key UK Responsibilities:
- UK Sales and customer relationship management: ongoing sales and account management, including order management, control of product codes, pricing structures, product quantities, order acknowledgement, trade and consumer enquiries, liaison with Logistics, QC, Finance and customer account departments, A&P expenditure evaluation/reconciliation, POS, samples, artwork supply
- UK sales and business development: working in collaboration with BF UK Sales and Marketing teams to open up new sales opportunities, in the off trade and e com
- Performance monitoring, evaluation and proposed course correction, analysis of variances vs budget projections
- Agree targets, business plans and A&P, with key customers, Sales/Marketing/Finance
- Negotiation and implementation of Joint Business plans with our distributor and key customers including range reviews and annual price increases, trade terms and promotional planning, collaborating with Sales Director, Finance Director and Marketing Director
- Monitoring off trade inventory levels to ensure no loss of distribution, display or sale due to out-of- stocks
- Create the UK annual plan and Budget, working with Global team, Sales, Marketing and Finance
- Bachelors Degree or relevant experience
- Microsoft Office skills, including Excel and Powerpoint
- P&L management
- UK sales planning and customer management experience
- Single malt whisky commercial experience
- Sales experience to whisky specialist channel
- Multi-market commercial experience
- Commercial management of complex portfolio#ND 1
For more than 145 years, Brown-Forman Corporation has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, Jack Daniel's & Cola, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire, Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel's Single Barrel, Finlandia, Korbel, el Jimador, Woodford Reserve, Old Forester, Canadian Mist, Herradura, New Mix, Sonoma-Cutrer, Early Times, Chambord, BenRiach and GlenDronach. Brown-Forman's brands are supported by nearly 4,600 employees and sold in approximately 160 countries worldwide
For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.
We're on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrownFormanJobs
See us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brown-forman
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.