Our global priority brand portfolio consists of Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Guinness, Baileys, J&B, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and many more. DIAGEO trades in approximately 180 markets and employs over 33,000 talented people around the world. The word Diageo comes from the Latin for day (dia) and the Greek for world (geo). Our great range of brands and geographic spread means that people can celebrate with our products at every occasion no matter where they are in the world. This is why 'celebrating life every day, everywhere' is at the core of what we do.
Help drive current and future business through category development and shopper understanding.
1. Category Projects. Propose, Implement and Evaluate Category Projects that drive sustainable growth for our customers and DIAGEO
DIAGEO divides category projects in 4 buckets
- EASE: Right Assortment, Right space and right navigation. Make it easy for the shopper/consumer to shop and maximize value of the category.
- REACH: Influence shoppers outside of shelf/bar. Permanent second placement, pre-store, pre-bar, online.
- EDUCATION: Feed information about our category into shoppers, consumers and customers to increase knowledge on product and consumption through on shelf, out of shelf, staff and menu's so shoppers/consumers will trade up
- INSPIRATION: Drive interest in our categories and brands to convince shoppers/consumer to purchase and/or trade up
--> Success is when our customers come to DIAGEO to maximize value for their categories and implement our thinking and tools. Key focus will Off-trade (80% of the business), but also On-trade.
2. Shopper Understanding: Drive shopper understanding in the wider organization
- Act as shopper/consumer ambassador in the organization. Put shopper/consumer first and keep yourself and the organization updated on new knowledge.
- Support Shopper/consumer research conducted by Europe and translate into the organization and beyond or lead local research.
- Manage relationship with European Category Development team and make sure Northern European Category Development agenda is top of mind.
- Measure and Evaluate and feedback learnings into the organization
- Participate in Net Revenue Management work.
--> Success is when the shopper/consumer is at heart of all we do and Diageo is being acknowledged for it.
3. Future growth
- By on the front foot of developments that will affect our business. Shopper/Category/technology led. Make sure organization is ready to course correct in order to keep driving sustainable growth.
--> Success is when the Leader ship team is regularly fed with interesting insights and opportunities.
Important qualifications / skills /essential experiences / languages
- Min. 5 years professional experience in commercial business: Category Management, Customer/Trade Marketing, market research or Key Account Management (FMCG company or client manager in agency)
- Experience in FMCG Food and knowledge of drinks business is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills combined with commercial acumen and customer needs understanding
- Proven ability to drive category projects to results
- Knowledge of Excel and Nielsen is needed.
- Thinks shopper/consumer/category with customer as a framework.
- Trust own experience, not afraid to seek 2nd opinion/feedback and be flexible.
- Self-starting. Be able to work independent and in team
- Ability to deliver several results within same time period
- Solid presentation style: strong in setup, presence and argumentation
- Great team player and communication with other (wider) team members
- Fluent in Dutch and/or French + English.