Born 40 years after the signing of the Declaration of Independence, George A. Dickel was an established Nashville merchant when he entered the whisky business. Dickel grew his reputation for selling the smoothest, most mellow spirits in the region. Our whisky is chilled before undergoing the charcoal-mellow filtration.
Twenty-five years after the Repeal of Prohibition, in 1958, a new distillery was opened and it began producing whisky known as Geo. A. Dickel Tennessee Whisky. In 1964, the whisky was bottled and released as Dickel Black Label Old No. 8 and Dickel Tan Label Superior No. 12. Today, our Distiller carries on the tradition of excellence that has made our brand a symbol of quality for over 130 years.
Purpose of Role:
As part of team rotation, key point person on the line team responsible for Distillery operation. Works with the Crew Leader and the Working Foreman to ensure Safety and Quality Procedures are adhered to and performance targets are met.
Distillery operators will be allocated to different parts of the distillation operation as needed. Assignments will change depending on the current business requirements. Each operator will have the capability and flexibility to run each piece of equipment at the facility.
- Know how to read
- Legible handwriting
- Able to perform or learn to perform any and all duties assigned
- Must have excellent attendance record and be available for appropriate training.
- Ability to be flexible on a daily basis to meet the needs of the business.
- Willingness to work necessary overtime as required.
- Must be able to work well with team members.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percents).
- Operates all the equipment associated with distillation. These responsibilities include but are not limited by the following: Grain Processing, Mashing Operations, Fermentation Operations, Distillation Equipment Operations
- Performs Start up checks and end of shift shutdown procedures.
- Ensures effective shift overlap.
- Monitors equipment and liquid for quality issues.
- Responsible for Quality and QMS checks.
- Completes all necessary paperwork or data entry for production, quality, safety records
- Responsible for SAP data tracking and recording.
- Responsible for maintaining GMP ensuring that work area is clean, 5S is in use / maintained and tools are stored according to color scheme.
- Ensure adherence to quality and safety standards.
- Work with mechanics to identify issues.
- Participate in root cause problem solving activity.
- Coordinate submitting of relevant work orders with Working Foreman.
- Participate in performance dialogues.
- Responsible for communicating downtime to the for timely and accurate Informance data entry.
- Responsible for communication with Working Foreman on downtime issues and/or quality defects requiring escalation.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by management.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.