Closing date: 29th April 2018
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. We are proud to lead the future of some of the world's most famous and admired brands. Brands built by entrepreneurs and philanthropists; true visionaries whose values we must honour and sustain. We stand on the shoulders of these giants.
Our purpose as an HR function is to be an agile, connected, accountable performance partner for the business by focusing on the areas where we will make the greatest difference to performance. That requires is to fully optimise the end to end HR function, through trusted partnerships with Shared Services and drive productivity across our organisation.
As a HR Operations Change Manager, you will ensure we have the right enabling conditions in place to deliver brilliant execution of people processes and seek opportunities for greater productivity and simplification.
This role will partner effectively with the HRBP team, line managers, HR Shared Service Centre - First Point, process governance teams and various other functions within HR. They will ensure structured change control at pace, process continuity, consistency and fitness for purpose, embedded capability.
Dimensions of the role
The Ireland business spans across Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland and consists of Supply, Demand and Global Functions business units with ca.1200 employees spread over 5 locations.
Employment T&Cs and local policies and processes have evolved over time and been informed by a variety of factors including: legislative developments, local collective bargaining, global process and policy changes, recent and ongoing system implementations and various other simplification and efficiency agendas.
Embedding the model...
- Drive a shift from local support to shared service support for line managers by further embedding our self-service model and building required capability and process improvements to enable that.
- Deploy various improvement tools and techniques (e.g. Lean, Manufacturing Excellence, Root Cause Problem Solving, 5 Whys) to identify and track progress against identified actions in through effective partnership with key stakeholder groups and project management.
- Identify and lead all capability build interventions with line managers and employees on people processes and systems in particular. Ensure an embedded legacy of self-led learning and easily-accessed materials.
Drive further simplification and transparency...
- Lead the simplification and improvement agenda relating to the priority issues and areas of significant complexity within our policies, processes, guidelines and ways of working.
- Ensure readily available information and guidelines to employees and line managers which will support us to next step in our self-service model and provide greater transparency on our terms and policies for employees.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.