BrewDog are on the hunt for a Junior Automation Engineer who wants to develop as a professional in the brewing industry, the role is ideally suited to a graduate who is keen to develop extremely quickly as a technical specialist
Working on a variety of instrumentation and automation system maintenance, combined with a large amount of project work relating to SCADA, PLC programming and new sites, you'll get involved in all areas of our state of the art production facility here in Ellon, Scotland. - Maybe even further afield too.
Typical duties include making backups of programs, making modifications to software and SCADA, writing code for collecting data and creating network connections between machines and systems. You'll be challenged every single day & love every moment of it.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To include but are not limited to the following;
- Maintain and program PLC / HMI / SCADA systems for plant process control, monitoring and reporting.
- Create and follow maintenance regimes for all processing instrumentation.
- Log and record parameter-based checks of instrumentation effectiveness.
- Contribute to continuous improvements across brewing, packaging and utilities.
- Exhibit and promote exceptionally high personal health & safety standards.
- Help to maintain and troubleshoot electrical, PLC and HMI systems.
- Understand and troubleshoot network faults within automated systems.
- Be involved in support roles for project implementation, from a PLC and electrical point of view, carrying out I/O checks on systems and general snagging.
- Take a proactive approach to individual learning and development to generate a greater understanding of areas that require improvement/development.
- Provide support to other members of the maintenance and engineering and wider production team where required/requested.
- Approach challenges with a positive and collaborative attitude, maintaining an open mind to positive change.
- To provide support to brewing and packaging departments in optimising and improving processes.
- Willing to travel to remote sites globally to fault find and support global production sites.
- Is responsible for adhering to all rules, regulations, policies, programs and related BrewDog HACCP, GMP, 6S etc. to ensure safety/quality/efficiency of BrewDog projects, products and equipment.
- Comply with and drive adherence to all QHSE & PPE Policies without exception.
- Excellent Communication and organization.
- Adaptable & calm under pressure.
- Understanding and awareness of electrical systems and industrial hardware.
- Degree level education in an electrical, electronic or mechatronics type.
- Experience in an FMCG environment in either a process operator or maintenance role.
- Demonstrable experience of fault finding and altering electrical systems from 3 phase drives to 24V control circuits.
- Formal Siemens PLC training or a background with Siemens systems.
- Formal SQL database training.
- Any brewing or beer related qualifications, IE Cicerone.