Uncork your potential
Accolade Wines is the world's leading provider of New World premium, commercial and value wines. We sell our wines in over 100 countries and have more than 1,600 dedicated employees in Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Europe, Asia, North America and South Africa and ... we make some of the world's best known brands!
In this role
You will be required to:
- Plan and coorindate the daily work program in conjunction with the Winemakers and Cellar Supervisors.
- Maintain the safety, wellbeing and integrity of all people, property and products on the Berri site.
- Take responsibility and accountability for the site after office hours.
Key accountabilities include
- Planning, co-ordination and implementation of the daily work program in conjunction with the winemaking teams to maximize output and minimize the cost of materials used, while meeting the quality standards and time parameters.
- Manage all cellar and bond employees in relation to performance, work standards, timekeeping, absenteeism, minimising waste, maximising efficiencies and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all cellar staff are correctly trained in accordance with the work instructions; identify and recommend further training if required. Ensure skilled workforce available to complete workload.
- Ensure that the Cellar hygiene and house-keeping is maintained.
- Ensure correct risk management standards are enforced and any deficiencies corrected/ reported in accordance with company policies.
- Investigate workplace incidents and promptly deal with follow up/corrective actions. Encourage the reporting of unsafe conditions applying the hazard/breakdown system.
- Develop an environment of co-operation and teamwork among cellar staff.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures to improve efficiency, minimize risks to the business and lower costs.
Other accountabilities include
- Provide input to capital planning.
- Involved in the consultative process including attending and / or conducting meetings when required.
- Approve as the authorized person for Kronos payroll systems.
- Timely, accurate and clearly expressed reporting of all operations.
- To directly supervise all cellar operations and ensure they are carried out according to SOPs, company policies and within appropriate time frames.
- Monitor all operations and coach, train, advise and assist where applicable and evaluate performance.
- To conduct routine Audits to ensure cellar operations are carried out in accordance with the work instruction and operation notes.
Essential knowledge and skills are
- Operations management
- Commercial/financial acumen
- Planning and organisation
- Wine production knowledge
- Cross functional communication
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Influencing skills
- Mature attitude
Required experience is
- Qualifications in Cellar Procedures Certificate and Supervisor skills
- Five years experience in supervision or related areas.
Essential qualifications are
Physical and other requirements
- Rotating shift work will be a pre-requisite for this position.
Sound like your kind of drop?
Accolade Wines will provide you with the ideal climate and a hand-picked rewards package for you to make a difference in our successful and growing business. At Accolade Wines, our name is our motto, so here's to you... and here's to your future.