Closing date: 29th April 2018
*Please note that this role has a flexible location of Edinburgh or Glasgow and is based on a 6-9 month FTC*
Diageo's ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world. The Diageo Performance Ambition clearly outlines the business strategy - the role of HR is to ensure that the right structure, leadership, culture and the right talent is in place with the required skills and capabilities to brilliantly execute the strategy.
The purpose of the HRBP role is to partner effectively with our business functions and leadership team. Working with the respective leaders, you will ensure your area of the business has the right conditions in place to brilliantly achieve their performance and people goals. The HRBP must be an outstanding performance partner for the business, agile, connected and accountable for delivery.
Diageo's International Supply Centre (ISC) brings together 60 sites and 4,300 employees across 5 countries supplying 180 markets. The business aims to be the global benchmark for Diageo with a rigorous focus on brilliant performance, product quality, cost containment, efficiencies, market responsiveness and agility through effective partnership working with our 22 markets.
The HRBP role sits as part of the Scotland HR Business Partner Group and as such will have the opportunity to participate on ISC wide projects.
- Talent: Drive key talent activities, build commitment and engagement and drive these through to execution and deliver a performance shift.
- Coach: Line Managers to enable them to make the right people decisions and hold the right people conversations.
- Lead: Best practice future state talent, engagement and partnership strategies through to execution. Lead on simplification and standardisation of processes and the employment experience.
- Build: Leadership and Line Manager Capability across all teams to help drive organisational effectiveness. Build the culture of empowerment, engagement, performance focus and excellence in execution.
- Create: Diagnose, define and deliver organisational insight and actions to support the culture and performance outcomes we're striving for. Deliver creative solutions to complex issues.
- Drive: The embedding of people processes, systems and the HR self-service model and ways of working.
Skills and Experience
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people and our HR Function sits at the heart of this. As part of the HR team, our role is to ensure we have the right conditions in place to develop and release the potential of our talent; our leaders and their teams. We are there to help strategically shape the future organisation to deliver the biggest possible performance outcomes.
With this position, you will play a key role in shaping and executing the organisational and people agenda; making sure we have the right structure, capabilities and talent for the future. You will do this through brilliant execution of our core people processes and interventions, focussing on creating the right environment for our teams to flourish.
- Ability to use data and external insights to shape the future, measure impacts, diagnose trends and set direction to drive business performance outcomes
- Change and project management skills (including organization design and influencing change)
- Experience in working successfully with stakeholders at the most senior level - black-belt coach- influencing, supporting and challenging
- Excellent talent judgement - ability to assess talent gaps, and suggest actions needed to strengthen the talent bench
- Experience working in a specialist talent or diversity function is a plus