Job Title: Planning Deployment Lead
Posted date: 6th April 2018
Closing date: 4th May 2018
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
Reporting to the Planning Lead this role plays a key role on the planning elements of the finance transformation programme.
This role is accountable to lead the deployment of the financial forecast approach in line with the Diageo global strategy and as part of finance transformation. The role will ensure local markets understand and are aligned to the global vision and path forward.
- You will lead the deployment of the planning solution ensuring a consistent and standardised global solution that will meet business requirements both globally and locally, but also deliver the step change needed to take Diageo to a peer group leading finance function measured in terms of both effectiveness and efficiency
- You will play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between global subject experts and local market execution leads. First class communication skills are therefore a must, as is the ability to influence and build trust
- Act as a subject matter expert for the business area in the Finance team and as a Finance representative for the business
- Ensure the integrity of the global planning design in the ROW and personally drive the development and deployment approach of the initiatives
- Lead change and culture work to ensure sustainability of ambition
- Accountable to deliver the financial benefits associated with the work stream
Qualifications and experience required
To be successful in this position, it is essential that you have very good business acumen and a broad financial experience. You will likely have 6+ years post qualified experience at a multinational organisation.
- The role will require you to have a proven track record of managing cross-functional teams to deliver against project milestones, using appropriate problem-solving methodologies.
- Academic or professional qualifications in finance (Chartered Accountant)
- Degree qualified
- Experience and evidence of managing complex projects or programmes
- Experience and evidence of working in or with finance/shared service environments
- Evidence of working with multiple countries and cultures effectively
- Experience interpreting business requirements, recognizing impact on business processes, and leading to a highly effective solution and transformation plan