This role is within the Brand Technical Equity and Regulatory team , International Supply Technical - Menstrie, part of International Supply Centre.
The team works on behalf of the Brand Owner to protect their brands from both a technical and regulatory compliance perspective.
- Leaders and custodians of Brand Technical Equity across ISC.
- Driving Brand Compliance on behalf of our Brand Owners and assuring Brand Technical Equity is defined, protected and always to correct quality and consistency standards globally.
- Leaders and advocates of Regulatory Compliance.
- Clear processes in place to ensure that our brands remain compliant.
Purpose of role:
The purpose of this role is to support key innovation projects and have the most up to date regulatory position to enable production of compliant product both where produced and where sold. By working proactively to identify key issues to Diageo's brands, and by working collaboratively to minimize any impact to Diageo's brands, from a liquid and packaging perspective in the internal and external arenas, with a particular focus on current and future legislation.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Provision of expert regulatory guidance and risk assessment and advisement to the business.
- First point of contact for new innovation liquid and packs gate process.
- Develop and facilitate Regulatory training to key stakeholders to ensure that they are up to speed with current and evolving legislation.
- Relationships are integral to this role, to drive forward regulatory agenda to proactively minimise risk, whilst protecting Diageo's reputation, in a commercial environment.
- Great relationships and networks with key stakeholders internally and externally are critical to this role. Require to be able to build credible relationships, often at arm's length, quickly and effectively, to be able to negotiate, influence and give expert advice on key issues.
Qualifications and responsibilities:
- Degree qualified in technical or business discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience in commercial technical support function or
- Minimum 5 years experience in alcoholic beverages industry
- An in-depth knowledge of current food legislation, together with knowledge of future, or potential further legislation.
- Ability to operate at global and local level
- Build great relationships and networks across Diageo's organisational and legal structures.
- Great influencing and communication skills
- Self Managed and motivated
- Experience in stakeholders engagement and developing communications that translate regulatory requirements into Diageo business risk or opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of liquid and packaging processes or scientific experience in alcoholic beverages, and the regulatory touch points that impact us.
- Established capability in finding solutions using great problem solving skills.
- Interpreting and researching regulations.
- Able to prioritise workload and deliver to critical path timings.
- Demonstrates high level of commitment to drive great performance.
- A second language would be beneficial but not mandatory