The three main deliverables for this role are:
- Establish the first Guinness brewing and consumer presence in the US. A combination of a mid-sized brewery, best-in-class Guinness consumer experience and singular brewing/entrepreneurial culture in Baltimore.
- Build an onsite innovation plan and capabilities via a tap room and commercial outreach necessary to meet our financial targets. Additionally, leverage global best practices and external input to build barrel aged beer capabilities to participate in a growing premiumizing segment of the market, putting us on the trajectory to become the leading barrel-aging brewery in the US.
- Become a leading voice in the better beer community and a vital contributor to beer culture via collaborations, DBC/Supply outreach, hosting brewers and actively contributing in research, education and relevant initiatives
- Lead the opening and management of the first Guinness brewing and consumer presence in the US. The brewery consists of 3 brewing systems from small pilot to mid-scale, along with associated high speed and innovation packaging lines. Elements include a 200 seat tap room, private event spaces, a ~1 acre outdoor lawn and beer garden, retail shop, full service 200 seat restaurant and innovation brewery for tours.
- Manage a global cross functional team of internal and external experts (100+ people and 40+ work streams) to deliver all aspects of the project
- Own the relationship with Aramark, our hospitality partner, with over 30+ employees onsite to run the overall consumer experience operations
- Collaborate with the brewing staff, GBT, Irish brewing team, NA innovation and DBC marketing a robust innovation pipeline of 20+ quality, award winning / highly regarded, unique beers on an annual basis for the tap room. Key to the success of the brewery and Guinness, is the ability to provide unique onsite and commercially viable innovation while meeting compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and lead a local / regional innovation "outreach" program with the commercial teams to broaden distribution of successful onsite beer - apply micro-targeting and utilize physical site and brewery personnel
- Lead the development of barrel aged beer strategy putting us on the trajectory to become a leader ahead of Goose Island /ABI
- Lead DBC's strategy to become an active part of the better beer community via collaborations, DBC / Supply outreach, hosting brewers and actively contributing in research, education and relevant initiatives
- Develop a strong presence and relationship with MD/DE/DC brewers (brewers, media, owners / management teams)
- Release 2+ collaboration brews annually utilizing brewing network, managing across Baltimore team and Global Supply/Brand teams
Budget responsibilities: Manage $80MM+ in total capex, $1MM+ A&P and $2.2MM OH (Full year operations).
- Min 15 years experience in general management, operations, marketing and innovation, including 5+ years' experience working in a senior hospitality capacity
- Strong leadership and ability to influence and engage senior stakeholders across the organization
- Demonstrated ability in research, financial analysis, presentation and facilitation skills, strategic insight, development of models and presentations
- Craft beer and engineering experience preferred
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.