Closing Date: 26th April 2018
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.
By creating a truly inclusive workplace that recognises difference and diversity of thought, feelings and actions, we can allow our people to unleash the power of being themselves, always, to enable them to Celebrate Life, Every Day, Everywhere.
How the role fits into the team....
As a Kegging Technician, you will be working in a small Keg Plant that's part of our larger Beer Packaging site in Runcorn, Cheshire. Along with our sister site in Belfast, this is where we bottle, can and keg the famous black stuff, Guinness!
You will be working as part of a small, but semi-autonomous shift based team who are responsible for operating both the plant and equipment, as well as working on Maintenance, Quality and Information systems.
For this reason, we need you to have an excellent background in engineering, but equally, be happy to oversee and be involved in the day to day running of the plant.
- Responsible for managing breakdown situations, Planned Preventative Maintenance activities, and engineering shutdown activities/overhaul work.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the plant on a day to day basis including quality checks
- With support from Kegging Area Manager, achieve production plans and key performance targets, responding to non-conformances to get process back on track. Always applying learnings to prevent re-occurrence.
- Responsible for health, safety, environment and hygiene. Pro-actively responding to initiatives in these areas including meetings and inspections/tours.
- Sharing and applying new skills as acquired including Manufacturing Excellence principles, Continuous Improvement and Training.
- Procurement of materials and services where appropriate
What we would like to see in you....
We are looking for someone who is passionate about what they do, keen to succeed in their role and is really self motivated.
On top of that, we do need certain qualifications
- HND/HNC or NVQ3 in Electrical Engineering or Multi Skilled with an electrical bias
- Any knowledge of Siemens S7, PLC or fault finding would be hugely beneficial
- Ideally from a drinks or food manufacturing environment, but any sort of Process driven background will be considered
- Demonstrable understanding of teamwork principles/TQM/CI/TPM/RCM techniques would be beneficial
We will absolutely consider any talented engineers/technicians who have recently or are soon to complete their apprenticeship as long as you can demonstrate the drive and passion we are looking for.
HAPPY TO TALK FLEXIBLE WORKING